Betalights? Any Uses?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
Hi!
Has anyone here used a Betalight? How long do they last and have you ever tried using them as a fishing lure?
Monk

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I've got several and find them useful for all sorts of things ... markers, map/book reading, camp light ... never tried one a a lure tho ... but I see no reason why it wouldn't work (well, the big one would require a big fish!!!).

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
alick said:
Is that another name for the tritium vials used in traser glowrings, or are betalights a different technology ?
Same thing ... althought the military betalight is MUCH bigger!

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
I've used mini betalights inserted in the top of fishing floats for night fishing, they work fine but after a while I started to see two of them, this may be due to a) my eyes playing up
b) Marston Pedigree

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I have two beta light bars pinched from a minefield mark stuck on my whistle - they seem to last forever and as above are useful for all sorts - another good trick is to hang them on the guys of your basha so you can find it in the dark!

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
My father had a compass with beta light illumination and it finally died after about 15 years (but had began to dull after about 10).
I did use the beta light - rod tip's for night fishing but i tend to loose them so i go for the cheaper battery one's now.
Never used them as a lure ,i think i saw one sold as a bite indicator for night fishing ,but not as a lure.
I have used the "Meprolight" tritium sights on a Glock 19 ,very cool.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE