Best / wildest / most remote forest in the UK for wild camping and bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Billy1

Forager
Dec 31, 2012
Norwich
Hi :)

I'm planning a trip this winter to go a forest and practice bushcraft for a week.

I'm looking for a large natural forest (no plantations) where wild camping and open fires are allowed (so somewhere in Scotland probably).

I've found a few spots in and around the Cairngorms that could possibly be suitable, but I was hoping that someone who has done something similar might have first hand experience on where is good to go?

Cheers!

There is a cracking natural Caledonian Pine forest a short walk from the Linn o' Dee traveling north up Glen Lui. I've camped there a few times. It is at the start/end of the Lairig Ghru/Lairig an Laoigh near Derry Lodge. Also if the weather gets a bit brutal there is Bob Scott's bothy for refuge.

Hope this helps

Windy

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
For a more bushcrafty trip, Knapdale and the Faerie isles that Julia linked to will offer more than the cairngorms area. Cairngorms are more fragile anyway and heavily used. Both are favourite haunts of mine.

Lots of natural shelter around Knapdale and the Faeries. Beavers/otters to go and see (it's where Springwatch filmed the beavers) and plenty of Ospreys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE