Best survival knife ever for only $10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
till the blade folds on your fingers...an aquantance bought a similar one... you'd be lucky to survive the knife believe me.
Goatboy

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
I had one of these when I was a kid. Got it at a yard sale for about $2. It wouldn't hold an edge, the blade came loose of the handle, the compass wasn't accurate, I never even tried the saw. Like I said, I was a kid and I loved the Rambo movies and he was the best example of a "survivor" I had at the time.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Your best survival knife may be the one you have with you when you need it. But, I would hate to be packin' that ugly piece of crap in my moment of need.

Or, at any other moment, come to think of it.

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
Ok I must confess, I owned one of these knives when I was 10 years old. At age 10 I was really happy with it. This was about the same time i saw rambo first blood. If I am correct I won it at a fair.....

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Bless my barrrrrnicles!.......I still have one of those:eek: .....Mine came wi' the 'blacked out blade:cool:
Still in its original state wi' the sheath, all the gubbin's inside the handle an' sharpenin' block. (bought it when I was 16)....never used it.....do ye think I could get more than $10 fer it now?...ahahahahah:lmao: :lmao:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Bless my barrrrrnicles!.......I still have one of those:eek: .....Mine came wi' the 'blacked out blade:cool:
Still in its original state wi' the sheath, all the gubbin's inside the handle an' sharpenin' block. (bought it when I was 16)....never used it.....do ye think I could get more than $10 fer it now?...ahahahahah:lmao: :lmao:

Unbroken ones must be quite rare now - so you never know...rarity value seems to make RM blades quite expensive....;)

BIGWOLFY

Dec 18, 2008
west coast of scotland
Your best survival knife may be the one you have with you when you need it. But, I would hate to be packin' that ugly piece of crap in my moment of need.

Or, at any other moment, come to think of it.

well said it is a piece c##p and just like john said its for Wannabe Rambos!. If you are going to get a knife invest in a good one or at lest one that won't fall a part in your hands.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Funny how they could pack their tent and cook pots (with lid!) yet their situation is described as being one of 'survival' :confused:

But seriously, can it be used to make a bow and arrow with which to shoot down a Hind Mi-24?
happy0009.gif

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Unbroken ones must be quite rare now - so you never know...rarity value seems to make RM blades quite expensive....;)

Off t' ebay I goes then John......unless ye wants t' buy it yersel'.......fer nostalga liken.ahahahahahaha:ban:
.....I'd never sell this wonderful piece o' blade technology.....:swordfigh ....cutting edge fer is time......all knives are destined fer this 'upgrade' in the future.....By keepin' THIS one, I won't have t' spend hard earned gold on inferior 'new' blade copies

:joke: .

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
I really like all the serious comments about the $10 knife. But I bet if Ray Mears is using one of these knives in his show, a lot of people would buy such knife just because Ray Mears is using one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE