I do this recipe quite often, quick, easy and tasty.
- 0.50 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 0.25 onion Chopped
- 0.75 Cloves garlic Minced
- 0.25 Pound ground beef I use very lean so I don't have to drain the fat
- 0.25 Teaspoon dried basil
- 0.25 Teaspoon dried oregano
- Red Pepper Flakes Optional
- 0.50 Cups Beef Broth
- 0.25 28 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 0.25 8 Ounce Can tomato sauce
- 0.25 4 Ounce Can tomato paste
- Fresh parsley Chopped for garnish - optional
- 8 Ounces Dried Spaghetti Broken in half
- In a large pot, heat up oil over medium high heat for a minute. Add chopped onion and cook until slightly translucent. Add minced garlic and cook for one more minute. Add ground beef and brown until cooked through - approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add Broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Add spaghetti noodles and stir well. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered 9-11 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is al dente.
- Don't forget the grated cheese of your choice.