Best knife make

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QuackPot

Feb 3, 2012
Scotland
I have some leatherman multitools and they are good for camping and the likes. But I was wondering what the best knife makes are. For cutting up trees, ropes etc. Something that's cheap ~£40, sharp, well build and will last long.

Any ideas?

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I've recently acquired a Mora Companion, been using it for a couple of weeks now & I'm very impressed with it...keeps an incredible edge & easy to sharpen, lightweight & easy to manipulate.................wouldn't cut up trees with it though :).....I think it's best suited for lighter work, particually where precision is required..................

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
The "BEST" knife makes, some will say is the one you have on you when you need it.....
There is such a plethora of makers, custom and commercial that you may have just asked a question that will never be answered..
One example are the excellent hand-made knives/blades in all shapes and sizes in my current neck of the woods that can be picked up for pennies..... Horses for courses on this one, but IMO, if you are living in the UK, you can not go wrong with one of the Mora range as some have already said... Great VFM..:cool:

Jan 20, 2011
Bath, UK
Knives can be such a personal thing, I could never find one that matched my needs, so I did the next best thing, I went off and made one :p

Heres a piccie of one of my favourite bushcrafters that Ive made, they went through a few variations.

P2030030s.jpg

P2030028s.jpg

richardww

Banned
Jan 17, 2012
Gwynedd
To me its mora, for quilty-price i feel you just cant beat them, very easy to sharpen in the field, if the tip brakes you need a axe

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Mora for a start - Excellent knives! HAve a long hard think abuot what you then want to spend a bit more hard earned cash on (eg hand made/custom). OR do what a lot of us do on here, and have several Mora's, and spent lots of hard earned cash of a wide varety of knives!!! VAriety is the spice of life after all. FOr me, I'm off to play with my Knives ;)

Knives can be such a personal thing, I could never find one that matched my needs, so I did the next best thing, I went off and made one :p

Heres a piccie of one of my favourite bushcrafters that Ive made, they went through a few variations.

And those are some dam fine looking knives!with my Knives ;)

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
All together now:

Frosts Mora :)

What him said, or even better ( given the price) the shockingly inexpensive "Cocraft" Clipper from Clas Olsen, at £4.99 this is simply a steal.
It's a Mora Clipper in stainless steel, only difference is the brighter shade of blue plastic on the handle and the matching bright blue sheath ( as opposed to a black one)

incredible value for money,

Then again, if you want something with a little more robustness, take a look at the Mora Bushcrafter or "2010"
This a 2010 ( ignore the sheath-that's a custom made one)
PC160074.jpg

The mora bushcrafter is exactly the same, except its green

cheers

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE