Best frying pan I bought

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Richard, thanks for the link, only i need a new one, as some time ago at around midnight, whilst camping in Cornwall, a rather drunk Scotsman, (Redandshane) wandered in to my camp, and asked if anyone had a frying pan? I of course said yes, produced it from my pack, and watched him put two frozen beefburgers in my lovely new non stick pan, he left them in the pan, without turning them for about 20 mins, ate them, said cheers and left.

To this day, i have two perfect, beefburger size, alien crop circle marks in my non stick area!

Once again, thankyou, i will of course invoice the Matthew Kelly, tribute act.

Ivan...

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have and love my Tefal red spot over all my cast iron, but this has a folding metal handle and sit nicely on the fire with similar non stickability. It really is perfect and fits under a lid of my packs as if made for it.

Ivan, why am I not surprised?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Got to agree with you Rich, they're great bits of kit.

It's one of the bits of kit I won't think of selling on, like my Outwell kettle :)

I'm almost happy with my cook kit (honest) but frying pan is something I'm always looking for the best of..have to give that a bash

You've seen it in use a couple times Sam

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Hi Richard, thanks for the link, only i need a new one, as some time ago at around midnight, whilst camping in Cornwall, a rather drunk Scotsman, (Redandshane) wandered in to my camp, and asked if anyone had a frying pan? I of course said yes, produced it from my pack, and watched him put two frozen beefburgers in my lovely new non stick pan, he left them in the pan, without turning them for about 20 mins, ate them, said cheers and left.

To this day, i have two perfect, beefburger size, alien crop circle marks in my non stick area!

Once again, thankyou, i will of course invoice the Matthew Kelly, tribute act.

Ivan...
Lol Good burgers those though I know its not quite the same as the Litech one in that it uses a pot grip or in my case a hanky
But the price is good at the moment http://www.blacks.co.uk/activities/104687-non-stick-frying-pan.html
It will be no surprise but i tend to not get on with non stick pans as one way or another the coating comes off that's why I borrow Ivans

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Are any of these lightweight and titanium coated pans as good as a ceramic?
Would love to get that same none stick without the huge weight. No better frying pan at home than a ceramic lined pan. No oil needed and cleans in seconds.

I use a small steel Wok from a chinese supermarket so very cheap (think it was under £5 but was a few years back) reasonably thick steel but still fairly light

my current one hasn't had the detachable handle MOD i used to do

Stir Fry and Woks where invented for using small amounts of fuel efficiently so ideal to out doors use

can be used as a Fry pan and a saucepan even do chips ;)

easy to clean no corners etc and once seasoned pretty non stick

potshobo.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE