Best bushcraft sandwich?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
After reading the last BCUK Mag I thing that the Yanks are trying to make the wrong ultimate MERC Sandwich with the PB and J!

They should be making PB & M!

Peanuts Butter and Marmite!

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
clcuckow said:
After reading the last BCUK Mag I thing that the Yanks are trying to make the wrong ultimate MERC Sandwich with the PB and J!

They should be making PB & M!

Peanuts Butter and Marmite!

I'm rather fond of PB + Marmite + tomato ketchup, with a good grind of black pepper.

Burnt Ash

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Freshly grilled squirrel liver with bacon and a not too runny egg. Dust with black pepper and down with a steaming cup of tea. :approve:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Freshly grilled squirrel liver with bacon and a not too runny egg. Dust with black pepper and down with a steaming cup of tea.
ummmm that sounds lovely .... I feel a food frenzy comming on :p

Ed

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Peanut butter is only fit to make sauce and gravy :) unlike Marmite which is the ultimate on hot buttered toast :cool:

Brown bread, fresh butter and the first cleavers or fat hen or bittercress of the year.
Failing that, I like strawberry jam and strong red cheddar :D

Cheers,
Toddy

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Toddy said:
Peanut butter is only fit to make sauce and gravy :) unlike Marmite which is the ultimate on hot buttered toast :cool:

Brown bread, fresh butter and the first cleavers or fat hen or bittercress of the year.
Failing that, I like strawberry jam and strong red cheddar :D
Cheers,
Toddy

Ooh yes,home made jam of course. :)

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
As a kid I thought that the best sandwich was "supper sandwich" an invention of my own.
Take two toppers or crusts from the end of a mothers pride white thick cut loaf. Toast lightly and spread with butter (margarine will not do) re-toast until the butter has melted, soaked in, and the bread has gone grispy and golden, then coat thinly with Bovril, add thin slices of hard cheddar cheese, grill until the cheese is melting, spread with peanut butter (crunchy) put the two slices together and eat with a mug of Cadburys hot chocolate.

As I am now older and supposedly wiser I forgo that for streaky bacon, with melted brie and (popped) poached egg breakfast baguette, two mugs of black coffee, (and absolutely nothing to do until my body has recovered from eating breakfast, this takes no more than 4 hours, which would be about lunch time and too late to start anything too taxing)

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
A potentialBurger is the ultimate! but that´s not a sandwich.
bread, couple of burgers, mushrooms, egg, onions, lettuce, bacon, cheese, curry, mayonaise, tomato, piccles, stack it up and digg in :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE