Bernina Sewing Machine-Now Traded

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I have a Bernina 707 Minimatic up for trade as my arthritic hands can no longer cope with an electric sewing machine. This is a very desirable machine which will sew zig-zag as well as straight stitch, and for the purposes of most of us on this forum the big plus point with this one is that it is both free arm and flat table.............it comes with various feet, the original manual in poor condition but readable, and is cased, although the case is also not in the best condition ( handle broken ).

These sell for anywhere up to £130 -150 as a guide............

I'm in need of; DDtarp xl............decent 2 man tent..........ventile or similar windproof smock............carving and leatherwork tools...........what have you? This would have to be collect only, unless you wanted to arrange collection.....................

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Hello lovely wife!.............As far as I can tell there are all the feet required for the various stitches this machine can do, plus a free darning foot and some sort of embroidery hoop............this is a slant foot machine and
is different to the singer 201k that I've always used, so I'm not too hot on describing it all - I've not been able to use it because of the problems with my hands so I've not learnt it all...........atb mac

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Hello lovely wife!.............As far as I can tell there are all the feet required for the various stitches this machine can do, plus a free darning foot and some sort of embroidery hoop............this is a slant foot machine and
is different to the singer 201k that I've always used, so I'm not too hot on describing it all - I've not been able to use it because of the problems with my hands so I've not learnt it all...........atb mac

She's already got an Artista that's been upgraded to a 700 embroidery setup, she was after another machine but ideally one that uses the same feet as her 700 cos she's got quite a lot but has just been offered a 140 Activa at a reasonable price from the place she works. She works at a sewing machine, material and knitting shop when she's not making dresses, jewellery and costumes for the local museum you see.

Seems that it takes different feet and as she's just agreed to buy the 140 won't be needing another machine.
She says that the one you have for sale is a lovely machine with a metal body that usually last for years, plus Berninas are very good machines anyway.

Good thing is that I was wondering how to get the Taxing my bike idea past her, now she hasn't got a leg to stand on and I'll be able to tax the 750 Slingshot with no comment:)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm glad she's got herself what she needs, and she's right about the Bernina, it's a good 'un with a free arm so you can get sleeves, bags and tubular shapes flat and straight under the needle, that's why I thought it'd be of interest to someone on the forum, but no interest yet................p'raps with this little bump? Good luck with the Slingshot!.................atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
In answer to petrochemicals: This machine will certainly not stitch 3 or 4mm veg-tan sheaths or anything like that - you're talking ££££££££££££££3's for such a machine and 3-phase supply - different game.
But as stated, heavy denim, canvas, pigskin, garment leather and buckskin etc. would all be possible once you use the correct needles and set - up...........I'm looking to trade this machine to someone that wants to learn how to use it, or to someone into a blanket project, tarp project, stuff sacks...........there's no end of uses for such a machine and this is an opportunity to get one for well below the going rate. If there's no interest here, I'll put it on 5hite bay and spend the money on sweetys!!!................................atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Bank holiday bump for this - I'm amazed it's still here,TBH!............There's been interest via PM, but it's still here and I need the room it occupies.....I think it represents great value for what I'm looking for, but if it doesn't go iover this weekend I'm going to take a low price from a dealer and buy a DDXL......................seems a shame for it to go that way............................atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Hi Paul - I've had an offer by pm shortly before your post, but if nothing comes of it then I'd have a trade with you...................atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The machine is now traded with Bilmo..................Thanks for the other interest, guys....................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE