Bernie Garland Bushcraft_need suggestion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
No, prejudice, just the fact that I know several people that have dealt with him, and have had good service and a good product.
I don't own a BG, as I make my own, and I have never met the man.
Why are you so cynical?

I have inspected his knives and found them to be of good quality, and very nice to use.

I really hope this clears things up?

Incidentally, you might like to check your signature, there is a bit of a disaster there, I am sure Rudyard did not spell it like that.
(No mistakes, only spelling mistakes)

Last edited:

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Bernie's knives are very good and i think the guy has a good heart, but to say they are the best around because he has "good customer service" and "good quality knives" is a little off.

I have been to knife shows and seen and handles as well as owned a lot of makers knives most of which have at least good customer service and are at least good quality. What makes someone among the best?

You wont go wrong with bernies knives but it would be unfair to other makers not to see whats available and choose according to what your after rather than forum opinion

Last edited:

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Bernie's knives are very good and i think the guy has a good heart, but to say they are the best around because he has "good customer service" and "good quality knives" is a little off.

I have been to knife shows and seen and handles as well as owned a lot of makers knives most of which have at least good customer service and are at least good quality. What makes someone among the best?

You wont go wrong with bernies knives but it would be unfair to other makers not to see whats available and choose according to what your after rather than forum opinion

i think at the end of the day it depends on your prefrence, just like everyone has their favorite certain type of Cereal or somthing, just like how alot of bushcrafters and knife collectors have prefred makers, Now im a big fan of Bernies work, his style and philosophy when it comes to knives realy appeals to me, im also a fan of hillbills knives, FGYT's, Gary mills knives and Ben orford knives. :)

from my experience bernies coustomer service is austounding, if he spots a problem with a knife even in a video or picture, he will offer to sort out the problem, eaher it be to rehande the knife, take up the grinds or sort out the sheath, and he does a bloody good job.

i suggest that to those who have never used one to take up the offer if they get the chance, the handles are surprisingly comfortable.

best knifemaker??? whats the best knife?? who knows who the best is, who realy wants to know when there are thousands of makers out there producing quality work?
Bernie has probably sold alot more knives than most makers, which says alot in my opinion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE