Berghaus Vulcan, Mod

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Following on from Nolightweight's brilliant modding of my Vulcan at the Northwood Meet, I wanted more.......

I was always impressed by the Ribz Twodogs used to have :

008moveonday74.jpg

http://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/ribz-front-packs-191-c.asp

I just wanted somewhere to throw stuff but easy to get to.

Chatting to NLW; Twodogs, Karl82 and Cliv, this is the version I wanted Modded to the Vulcan.

So a qucik trip to Karl's today and with no sewing at all....

Take two 58 Pattern webbing clips:

00158ptnclip.jpg

and four of these:

003clip.jpg

attach to Vulcan shoulder straps:

005attached.jpg

And to Admin Pouch/ Team Medics Pouch:

007front.jpg

008side.jpg

Or a Response Pack:

010responsepackfront.jpg

011responsepackside.jpg

Job done.:)

It's not permanent in any way and all the clips and buckles can be removed in
under 5 mins.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good stuff Martin

I use an OMM chest pouch which attaches in a similar way, just shockcord from the pouch with little mitten hooks which attach to the shoulder straps. It's also got some on the bottom which you hook around the waist belt to stop it flopping about too much.

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Excellent pics, great mod. Martin can I bee cheeky and ask where the zips are sewn to from the other mod on the vulcan, have they been sewn down the same seam as the other zip covers?

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Brilliant idea I have borrowed it for mine I was lucky to find the D loops lying about no sewing needed today only sewing needed was the webbing on to the 58 pattern clips the other night with this mod you could use a side pouch of any sort.

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I used a "commanders pouch" in the same way. I used grimlocs to connect it to shoulder straps. I had bought it for my iPad but it was too small so it was sat not doing much. Someone here posted a video of an American company that did a chest pouch but it was primarily a holster. V handy but after getting a set of RIBZ I wouldn't go back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE