Tiny Pack Mod - Old School meets New School

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodGnome

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2015
Germany/Northern Ireland
Hi folks,

I just came up with a little (tiny really) pack mod for any MOLLE-pack. I wanted to have an attachable tool pouch for my Snugpak Xotec 35 and went looking. I found some nice pouches, but when I saw the price tag, I decided not to buy. However, I still needed a pouch and went through my stuff. I had some surplus Swedish Army pouches left from my LK 35 mod and here it comes. These pouches are originally attached to the Swedish belt system with two metal hooks that are sewn to the back of the pouch with some webbing. If you now (gently!!!) slice the suture next to the metal hook towards the middle of the pouch you have just enough room to pull the hooks out and to slide a 3'' MALICE clip in which you can attach to the MOLLE webbing. Before someone asks, yes, I posted this in the US forum as well, but not everyone here is a member there and I think this is worth sharing because of its simplicity. If anyone did that before, nevermind... But I haven't seen it so far.

So here it is:

MALICE clips (3''):
3inch-long-molle-system-malice-clips-strap-2pcs.jpg

Set of Swedish Army combat pouches:
swedish-combat-harness-pack.jpg

My tool pouch attached:
PA120001 by DerWaldschrat1, auf Flickr
PA120002 by DerWaldschrat1, auf Flickr

Nothing special really, but it works fine and the pouches are really great. Those who modded the LK 35 with them know that. The colour doesn't fit, but green tones never fit, so noone cares (at least not I)...

So, all in all a nice alternative to expensive MOLLE pouches. Another plus might be, that you can also attach it to any belt with the clips.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited:

mvmbushcraft

Feb 28, 2013
Glasgow
Looks great!
Nice idea!
Been looking for these pouches - any recommendations as to x.3rd to get them?
I have 2! L k 35 - and I was even thinking of resulting to molle them to go with more available pouches...

Sent from my E2105 using Tapatalk

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
Please post a pic of how the Malice clips are attached to the pouches.
I have a pair of those pouches and seeing your work I am considering using one or both as expansions to my laptop bag which has MOLLE attachments (yes I know tacticool and all that :p ) when I travel so I can avoid checking in luggage.
Thanks in advance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE