Berghaus Infinity jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jack29g

Forager
Sep 17, 2004
Leicester
Come on people. Doesn't anyone know anything about it? If not can you recomend any other winter jackets? price up to £110? Any input would be much appriciated.

sabre iom

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Isle of Man
Nice looking jacket, dont own one but have a primaloft keela smock which is great, light and really warm. I use paramo gear now as an outer shell as for me it works better than all the other branded stuff i've tried. Yet to try e-vent yet though, and you wont find a paramo jacket for £110 that will match the one your looking at . Do you need such a warm jacket? check these reviews out

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/review...Infinity-Pro-Jacket/rcn/45/rgn/3/v/1/sp/#2244

hope it was some help

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
One of my sons likes Berghaus jackets. Practical, warm, waterproof, they last him for everyday kind of wear, work and walking, for about 18 months; then they start to delaminate inside at the elbows and pockets.
Price wise they're about the same as my Lowe Alpine/ Jack Wolfskin ones so not much difference. If you can get them in a sale it's a very good thing :rolleyes:

I don't know this specific one Jack, so I can't be of any more help.

Oh, but, the guarantee is good :D and retailers will replace or repair.

Cheers,
Toddy

Bjorn Victor

Forager
Apr 3, 2006
Belgium
Winter jackets?
Try Buffalo. A special six shirt (short zip) or a mountain jacket (full zip). It does not look very fashionable, but it does what the company says it will do. This is the first company I have found that can say that! Maybe not the best choice for school or work, because you will get strange looks. It just depends on the main use of the jacket. They are not waterproof, but do they need to be? Do you need them for the cold and wind mostly or really for days and days in constant rain?

I had some bad experiences with gore tex. It always leaked. Got my money back each time! Event should be better. Lowe Alpine used to make some in Event. Maybe you can find some old stock or buy second hand. I do not know what company uses Event now.

Some jackets have a zip-in fleece. Maybe a good idea for a winter jacket.

My girlfriend has a packlite smock from berghaus. Good pull-on shirt, but she only wears it when it comes down in buckets. For the rest of the time it is in her bag and she wears a windproof fleece to block all the rest.
I wear Buffalo all the time. Don't care about the looks I get although I don't know if they look at the shirt or my big smile each time it rains... :D

Here's the link for Buffalo.
http://www.buffalosystems.co.uk/

Bjorn

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
My brother likes his Berghaus for pottering about town and the occasional forray out into the hills!
There are better and there are worse though for a general jacket it looks good enough!
Just do yourself and the wildlife a favour and buy it in some subdued colour :eek: :D

sabre iom

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Isle of Man
North face summit series gear is great, and they look good enough to wear arond town too. Some people accuse tnf gear as being fashion over function but it sounds as if you want a good looking coat as well as performance, beats berghaus gear anyday in my book.

Simon E

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
3rd Planet from the sun
I dont know if quality has slipped as I have been out of the UK for 11 years or so, but before I left I bought a Berghaus Jacket that was then the most expensive one they made I think (Fitzroy) IIRC I paid about 300 pounds for it. I still wear it, its still waterproof and warm. If I ever needed another jacket of this type I wouldnt hesitate to buy Berghaus again.

Maybe the cheaper ones just wear out faster, I usually go with the 'buy the best you can afford and cry only once' method of shipping. ;)

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
got stacks of berghaus gear cant recommend it enough, never let me down,
oh and i use it for what its supposed to do, (just a shame its the chavs choice to)
alpine pro extreme, was about £80 from dalton park, should be about £180, think they have the infinity jackets there to, also i could be wrong but im sure reggeta are using event, heres a pic, and thats my dog in the rucksack.
outandabout001.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE