Benedict Allen - Camberley Theatre 6th November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Well, I went and saw him yesterday evening and it was a very good evening indeed. Struck me as a very nice bloke and a bit of an "old fashioned" adventurer / explorer, who did things, "because they were there," rather than for any high minded scientific reasons.

Similar format to the Ray Mears tour, with him talking to us and showing slides from his many solo adventures. Spoke for about an hour about his early expeditions, then a 30 minute tea / wee interval where he chatted informally and sold / signed his books, then back up on the stage for another hour talking about his Siberian arctic adventure, followed by more book signing and chatting / answering questions.

All in all, I'd say it was well worth the £13.50 ticket price, but it was a shame that it wasn't better attended - only around 60 - 70 people. I guess he's not as much in the public eye as RM or Bruce Parry. There's a few more dates scattered around the country, check the events on his website for dates & locations.

Books were a bit dear at £18.00, the full net price. I'd buy the paperbacks from WHS / Ottakers etc and take them along instead (but then I'm a tight begger!).

Website is http://www.benedictallen.com

As usual, I'm not connected with him in any way, just my thoughts for info of those who might be interested.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE