Bells tents (request from SWMBO)

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Ok my good lady has asked me to post this question.

We are in the market for a new family tent, she is fed up of me saying we need to use 2 smaller tents. I am not fond of the old frame tent scenario or for thatr matter the huge dome tents with pod bedrooms. She has seen these made by a company called Soulpad
(conjours up some colourful images dont it) but in a nut shell they are a canvass tent a bit like a teepee.

Does anyone have any knowledge of them or there like and how good they are for family car camping in the summer.

Any information will be greatly appreciated as if she like this it means I can ditch the caravan!! weh heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

thanks

Andy

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Give Andywinkk a PM - he made one in his factory a while back for himself.

When I say he, I mean he got one of his staff to knock it up!

Simon

EDIT:

This one...
Blindbeck_Bridge.jpg

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
That looks like a great bit of kit, do you think he would mind a pm as regards costs etc, If indeed he does make them for sale. This site never ceases to amaze me with its hidden resources and helpfulness. Thanks guys I like the look of these as it seems a bit more like the old style of camping im sure my kids will love it, I can also see something like this geeting used for kids summer sleepovers in the garden.

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
No i made that one myself with the help of mentalnurse carl and singeblister john,

the staff made this one
003-9.jpg

007-8.jpg

There is a cap for it also, im just trying to get poles made as we speak and then i will be selling them hopefully

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
That looks like a great bit of kit, do you think he would mind a pm as regards costs etc, If indeed he does make them for sale. This site never ceases to amaze me with its hidden resources and helpfulness. Thanks guys I like the look of these as it seems a bit more like the old style of camping im sure my kids will love it, I can also see something like this geeting used for kids summer sleepovers in the garden.

Send him a PM - he won't mind.

He also does Tepee's - I know cos I'm testing his prototype with the Scouts next month!

Watch this space for an honest review!

Simon

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Well that answered my question :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Andy once you have got it all sorted what sort of price do you think they will run out at
I may be able to be one of your first customers. I would like to see someone of BCUK benefit to be honest and I am sure with us all having similar interests it would be well made with usefull features. I even like the colour!!

What sort of diameter will you make them at I have looked at the soulpad site and they seem really spacious the feature to enable the walls to be rolled up looks good aswell.

Happy to call you tomorrow or email you if you wish.

Regards

Andy

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Well that answered my question :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Andy once you have got it all sorted what sort of price do you think they will run out at
I may be able to be one of your first customers. I would like to see someone of BCUK benefit to be honest and I am sure with us all having similar interests it would be well made with usefull features. I even like the colour!!

What sort of diameter will you make them at I have looked at the soulpad site and they seem really spacious the feature to enable the walls to be rolled up looks good aswell.

Happy to call you tomorrow or email you if you wish.

Regards

Andy

I think the soul pads look great but the fabric isnt as tough, im using 12oz ripstop pollcotton canvas that is proofed so it is good for winter also,

At the mo there coming out at aprox £500 without the pole

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Well swmbo likes the look of them this is something we would be looking to buy in about 2 months time. She likes the green colour aswell. not so sure we would use it in the Winter but as I am getting into Canoeing at the mo it could be a good buy if its going to be stronger and more expediton type quality. What sort of Poles are you thinking of using I have seen some recently with Wooden Poles and some with the old fashioned tube metal.?

cheers

Andy

forestwalker

I think the soul pads look great but the fabric isnt as tough, im using 12oz ripstop pollcotton canvas that is proofed so it is good for winter also,

At the mo there coming out at aprox £500 without the pole

My thought is that the 12 oz fabric would put the weight up quite a bit, What does it weight? Can it be made with a stove jack of some sort, either central or to one side. What is the actual size?I've been thinking about a Tentipi Arran 7 in their polycotton, is it comparable in features?

forestwalker

My thought is that the 12 oz fabric would put the weight up quite a bit, What does it weight? Can it be made with a stove jack of some sort, either central or to one side. What is the actual size?I've been thinking about a Tentipi Arran 7 in their polycotton, is it comparable in features?

One more thing: I do not like zippers on critical points. Could one make a overlap style opening (like in the Connovers "Snowwalker" tent)?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE