Bells tents (request from SWMBO)

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Have you got any images how it closes ?

No image, it is a 40 cm section where two layers overlaps, and then some toggles/tie tapes to close. For a lavu design I'd be tempeted to make it slanted so that drips don't run into the tent.

Basically my ideal tent would be reasonable in a canoe or on a pulk, accept a stove, be securable againt moquitos, and have the ability to have a second "fly" roof in winter (I could do that mod myself easilly)

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
My wife and I have a Sole Pad. Its up in 15 mins. including the stove. We have used it a half dozen times so far with no compaints. I wanted the one without the floor but SHMBO wanted the builtin floor. But it has plenty of room and we used it at Tintagel when it rained for the hole weekend. We did get a little spot of water in a corner where the sides met the floor. And when we took it there I tied it on the roof rack with no problem. But after the weekend while soaking wet it was very heavy on difficult to load.

C

campingcrazy

Do you have any trouble with rain coming in the flue exit? My bell tent stove exits at the side which liberates the middle of the tent and leaking is not an issue.

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
I have a soulpad bell tent. Cost about £300 for the tent, there are cheaper ones about but the ones I looked at are a thinner canvas. I wouldn't buy a stove from them though I made one from a gas bottle and it works great!

Ben

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
Hi
We had the same dilemma last summer and I picked up a soulpad from Ebay. In my opinion it is great.
We camped as a family of four in Scotland, the first two days were very wet and windy and it stood up really well. Warm enough at night and loads of ventilation options during the day. Looks great, really light inside and non of this false colour due to the colour of the tent. plenty of room for 4 and kit. Completely transformed my wife's idea of camping (it wasn't too great before this tent).
The canvas is good and the build quality seems ok. The only thing that I have done is put a jubilee clip on the end of one of the poles to stop it splaying under the pressure of the tent. Would reccomend getting one.

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
Our three, handy if you've got thirty people camping it the orchard:D

NoahsarkbyZara063-1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE