Belgium Army Wool Blanket Vs Dutch Army Wool Blanket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep, I have both. I prefer the Begian one - Its a darker green where the dutch is more brown, it more closely woven - almost knapped - and better tape finished on the edges. It does have some weird white lettering on part of it so less good for making a capote - but a tighter weave, better blanket.

Both are great though

Clearly this applies to the ones I have - no idea if they vary

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
are these blankets easy to come by? (any good surplus suppliers around online?)

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
I have a Belgian job - excellent quality!! Well felted & very warm. Wouldn't like to carry the bugger far but outstanding for Winter camping.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yep, I have both. I prefer the Begian one - Its a darker green where the dutch is more brown, it more closely woven - almost knapped - and better tape finished on the edges. It does have some weird white lettering on part of it so less good for making a capote - but a tighter weave, better blanket.

Both are great though

Clearly this applies to the ones I have - no idea if they vary

What are the dimensions and weights?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No Idea - the Belgian one is in the car and the Dutch ones vacc packed away ...huge and very thick. The Belgian one is a good double bed size, the Dutch ones at least 5' wide. Both are very very thick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE