Beginners Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Having spent a somewhat uncomfy night in the woods in a (Cheap) mesh hammock, I find myself wondering what hammock to get to increase comfort.

I am looking for something where I can get a nice flat lay, with an inflatable sleep matt for underside insulation, ideally something light weight.

I've been looking at the DD hammocks, but have seen comments about how they don't necessarily give a flat lay. I am a side sleeper, if that has any bearing on the hammock choice.

What do people recommend?

J

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Saturday was my first night in a hammock. I had the TW bivi hammock. It was easy to put up and made for a wonderful nights sleep. Plus it's adaptable so you can use the waterproof under as a tarp or ground sheet.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Tenth wonder double hornet, I am a side sleeper and dont have any problems with it if set up correctly.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Trust me. If you want a flat lay buy a warbonnet ridge rummer from ukhammocks. I tried others and wish I had bought one in the first place.
Would have saved me some money trying others.
Its an awesome hammock and reallu suits using an inflatable mat under it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
id like one of those, but for a first hammock i wouldnt have spent £135. plus when you buy a couple of cheaper hammocks they can be used for mates/kids/gear

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Just trying to save him the same money I spent. If you want a flat comfy hammock them its the best.
But we all start somewhere. I had a TW green hornet to start with and its a great hammock but I have seen the light and nothing will beat the WB ridgerunner in my eyes.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Just trying to save him the same money I spent. If you want a flat comfy hammock them its the best.
But we all start somewhere. I had a TW green hornet to start with and its a great hammock but I have seen the light and nothing will beat the WB ridgerunner in my eyes.

The super xl is a much bigger hammock to the hornet, much much flatter lay. I have both.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE