bedfordshire bushcrafters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What part of Bedfordshire are you from Sam?

Also, keep a look out for the Herts/North London meet that I organise as you're more than welcome to come along to that if there's space. :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
im from potton
its a wee town near biggleswade and sandy if you know either of em?

I know them both, Been up to Biggleswade area a few times to visit the shuttleworth collection and Tempsford for the stained glass shop there.

thanks very much for the kind offer i'll do me best to come along to that depending on work/life/girlfriend commitments and of course space

Be good to have you along, if you like I can add a waiting list in case someone drops out. As for the gitrlfriend why not bring her along? There's a couple other ladies coming so she won't be all on her own :)

ive a nasty feeling having looked at my work rota that ill be stuck at work for the dates specified whihc is a pain as i have booked time off from the 8th december as its my birthday during that week.
if youve been to tempsford have you seen the airfiled there? it was used to parachute drop SOE agents during the second world wards
regards
Sam

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
ive a nasty feeling having looked at my work rota that ill be stuck at work for the dates specified whihc is a pain as i have booked time off from the 8th december as its my birthday during that week.
if youve been to tempsford have you seen the airfiled there? it was used to parachute drop SOE agents during the second world wards
regards
Sam

Ahhhh bad luck on the timings Sam I've left you a PM about some other dates that I'm organising a meet for.

I've never been to the airfield as that's on the east of the A1 but I do know of it's history. Mind you I ought to go over there as the Tempsford church has what I'm lead to believe has the only example of a stained glass window by LC Tiffany in Britain.

am i the only one?
Regards
Sam

Hello Sam,
I thought that for a while too!
I'm not really close enough now to go for a brew, but "hello" to a fellow Bedfordshire bushcrafter!
I know your area well. Very nice. I was a student at Shuttleworth many moons ago.
Is Tempsford the airfield that Glen Miller took off from on his last flight?
If you ever do get down to the South Beds/Bucks/Herts area, then Ashridge, Totternhoe Knolls and Sundon Hills are all great places to go for a bushcrafty walk. Just watch out what sort of things you get up to, or the NT Wardens will tell you off! (I know, I used to be one around that area ;) ).
Cheers,
J :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Is Tempsford the airfield that Glen Miller took off from on his last flight?

It was RAF Twinwood farm that Miller took off on his last flight.... about 7 miles to the west of Tempsford. They now have regular music festivals there and the Glen Miller Ochestra usually play as a tribute to their founder.

hi all
as mesquite says it was twinwoods that mr miller flew out of but still in bedfordshire and ive had some good stomps/bimble round clapham area
jamie18thmo firstly hello to another bedfordshire bushcrafter even if he has managed to escape :) i debated about attending shuttleworth college along time ago but it didnt work out youre defiantely a bit far to meet for a brew at the moment but if youre ever back in the area id be happy to meet up for a brew
mesquite i have replied to the pm
thanks one and all
regards
Sam

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Hi Sam. You are not the only one. I'm just inside the Beds border in Aspley Heath, Woburn Sands. Eager to start doing bushcrafty stuff, having done a Woodsmoke Woodlander course in the Lakes.

Cheers,
Joel

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Hiya Joel / Sam,

Im not that far away, im sure we could meet at some stage?

I popped over the the Swyn meet today for a few hours, its was really good to meet the guys there and put faces to names etc. Give it a go, I got the impression it might become a regular and its not a million miles away.

ATB, Jon.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
I popped over the the Swyn meet today for a few hours, its was really good to meet the guys there and put faces to names etc. Give it a go, I got the impression it might become a regular and its not a million miles away.
Ditto (today). Lots of opportunity I think.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Potton?......aaahh! :rolleyes: that brings back memories

My grandparents used to run the George and Dragon pub (Stann and Win Appleby) near the village center back in the 70's and 80's! he had about 3 vintage Jags in a garage out back! great old building loads of history probably much changed now (they boarded off a whole staircase and floor when i visited once) never found out why.
My mum always took us to a rundown recreation ground (behind the pub?) which had a weird concrete stream or water over flow system (i think). funny what you remember;)

sadly i don't live in bedfordshire ,I live in Naaarfolk (Norfolk and Norwich group) and wondered how close you guys are, i guess too far for normal meets, but we have access to a few good camp areas one in Thetford so prehaps later in the year we could meet up? no promises but the offer is there:)

Cheers
Rich

hi all
first of all an apology for a lack of response from me
my beloved dog knocked cola all over my laptop shortly before christmas and incapacitated it completely.

RAPPLEBY2000 not only do i know the george and dragon pub i live on the same road!!
the playing fields are still there now got a skate ramp and a very fetching statue of a swallow? or some bird anyhow

i completely forgot about the swyn meet up and am in all honesty am quite gutted i couldnt make it now :(

viruskiller/joel and JD0330/jon im game for a meet up and a bimble somewhere if you are? depending on shifts and general life interuptions allowing.

once again apologies for my lack of reply

regards
Sam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE