Bear Grylls vs Ultimate Survival?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
They are really good and much better than using my knife spine or the ones that usually come with them. They are dead small with nice handles so you can use the last cm of the firesteel much easier and with far more control.

I switched to them after I recently stopped carrying my firesteel on my knife sheath. It was a pain unsheathing my knife everytime when the rod was no longer on the sheath so I went with these. You can get bright, long burning sparks off the rod by only scraping the last 5mm of it. Lights anything first strike, even candles and denser feathersticks. I highly recommend them to anyone who likes to use the very end of their ferro rods for lighting.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
How many different steels have you used the striker on? I think i can feel a whole new thread coming along... with pictures! ;)

Also, whats your new carry method?

Hehe, I've used it on the Bear Grylls-VERY GOOD: Bear Grylls Knife Firesteel-EXCELLENT : LMF-EXCELLENT : Woodlore-EXCELLENT PLUS : WebTex-OK. and the one you get with the Crusader Cooker which was GOOD. It can turn even the Web Tex into a decent if not excellent performer.

I just carry the striker and rod on some paracord loop from a small carabiner from my belt to my pocket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE