Bear Grylls- Urban Survivor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IanGilroy_2

Jan 1, 2010
Purley Surrey
As an adendum.
The one thing we are all bemoaning is the lack of knowledge out there. Yes B.Gs actions are overtly dangerous, but R.Ms carries an inherrent danger to it.
None of us would condone somone going out and trying to survive on the viewing of one TV programe be it Ray's or Bear's.
I wouldn't try to build a house after watching Tommy Walsh.

SouthernCross

Forager
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
G'day Chris

And it will take about two seconds for the parents to blame anyone else except themselves or the child.

For God's sake, will people just stop trying to say he's dangerous. He's not. He's perfectly capable of doing the things he does. Not everyone is. If someone tries something he does and gets hurt then it's not his fault, it's theirs. This is not the US. You don't have to sue someone else when something goes wrong, especially if it's your fault.

Nobody ever says Ray Mears is dangerous. If I go and eat a mushroom that's dodgy, can I blame Ray Mears? If I try to start a fire and burn myself can I blame Ray Mears? If I abseil down a waterfall can I blame Bear Grylls? If I go rock climbing and fall can I blame Bear Grylls?

No I can't because I did it. Not Ray or Bear. Me.
Now there's a novel thought in this day & age. Personal accountability and responsibility :35::

Do you ever think it will catch on?

To be honest, considering how lazy humans have become and how much easier it is to blame someone else, I don't give it much chance :D

At the risk of invoking moderator intervention, I'll ask the following question to stimulate further discussion :D

With the possible exception of the size of the Audience, what is the difference between Bear and all the internet wannabes?

Or does anyone reckon that one form of media has greater credibilty over the other?

Kind regards
Mick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE