Bear Grylls Merino Tops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Those who can't stand Bear Grylls, click 'Back' on your browser now....

Was up at my folks' place this weekend and ended up at Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village. There's a 'Regatta' outlet shop there and they had a load of Craghoppers and Bear Grylls range clothing on sale at the back. Got myself a Craghoppers short-sleeve no-squito shirt (although I have to ask, what is the point of making a short-sleeved shirt 'no-squito'?) and a Bear Grylls Merino base layer top.

I was particularly pleased with the merino base-layer top - black, 100% merino wool, round-neck, long sleeves. £28.

The price is pretty good as most merino tops I've seen are about double that. Quality is good and it's smart enough wear over a t-shirt or under a shirt.

If you don't mind having a small lable with 'Bear Grylls' written on it, I think it's a pretty good deal. If you do mind then best you leave them for the rest of us. :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I picked a couple up from TKMaxx but they didn`t have the Bear Grylls tag on, zip neck and lovely and warm, only paid £12 each though so they`re probably pre-Bear.

Rich

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
thing is though, are they cheap for a reason?
If i'm not mistaken, the reason most merino is expensive is becuase it is weaved very tightly.

maybe these "bargains" are actually very holy and not up to the quality of the expensive stuff.
I'd be interested to know if this is the case.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Uni-Qlo sell Merino tops, £15. They're superb and at that price I don't care what happens to them round the fire.

Edit: Oh, it appears that offer is no longer running for men. It's a shame as they were a bargain.

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
Go outdoors are doing them cheap right now as well, I'd look for the exact price but have a sleeping dog on my lap as I type.

Edited after dog shifted, top with zip £22, without zip £20.

D

Deleted member 4605

I picked up a bunch of Craghoppers/Bear Grylls stuff cheap from our local Debenhams. I got four pairs of trousers, a shirt and a mid-layer fleece for £91 in total. Not bad I thought.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I have a few Helly Hansen baselayers - i use them for everything from running, the gym, sailing and outdoors. The HH Warm baselayers have a merino wool layer on top of a moisture wicking polypropoline layer that sits next to the skin. Kepps you warm but not sweaty so great for this time of year, skiing and mountain climbing.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Dont i would a silly thing like a BG logo bother me tbh if the top/trews etc were cheap enough

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
There are some serious bargains at TKMaxx right now, both branded and unbranded Bear Grylls Craghopper tops, jackets and trousers, plus some Regatta stuff and Gortex coats for a quarter of the price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE