Bear Grylls ''Grandfather'' Knife ?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, I've just spotted this New knife on HennieHaynes The ''Bear Grylls Grandfather Knife'' It's an Old style pocket knife.
I just wanted to see if anyone has got one,And if they would give it the Thumbs up.
10621.jpg
Cheers

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Yeah I've owned a few of his knives, and ended up selling them on, But I like the look of this one. And for a modern take on this old classic I think they've done it justice.
cheers

Shovel

Forager
Jul 12, 2012
Wherever I choose to live.
It looks garish to me. It's got the giant gerber logo on the blade, and on the handle. If I'm going to buy that style of knife I would not go with this one, purely due to it's looks.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
In the end go with your choice not others. Ive used one and liked it especially the older type styling. It was modelled on a traditional penknife.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Yeah it's the Styling that drew me in, I've just brought 1 and we'll see how it goes,Tobe honest the Name on the Blade doesn't bother me, As long as it works well and is fairly priced.
cheers

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Not my taste but in the reviews I've read they've been fairly kind about it due to low cost. Some of the boy scouts may want one as he's chief Scout.

[video=youtube;eL9YT3-ztoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL9YT3-ztoM[/video]

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I wanted a pen knife similar to The ''Marbles Large Whittle'' I have and am selling, as I didn't like the Handle, it was to thin for a solid grip I thought.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I don't buy anything with that idiots name on it.

Arrrrggghhh...for crying out loud leave the poor bloke alone, he's far from being an idiot, whether you like him or not he's an intelligent and articulate fellow. Comment on the item not the name on the side please.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Al I can say ,if he's that much of an idiot
He's served in the special forces Broken his back and is now sitting on a pile of money from tv productions and now tool sponsorship.
Doesn't seen like an idiot too me . Plus one to the comment below

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
£22?

10621.jpg

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Agee get the ALOX SAK and leave the Junky GB/Gerber stuff to the fan boys

I'd even consider a rough rider scout knife at £14 a pop they are decent for the price.

Only decent bit of kit they produced was the fixed blade and that was just a Naff substitution of a makeover of the Prodogy/Survival knife with most of the best bits left out

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE