Bear Grylls , Escape from Hell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Incidentally, back on topic (I know, I know..)

I read a review thread somewhere else on this and there was a general view that the advertising was misleading.

Bear covered in mud and crud with Battersea Power Station on fire in the background didn't actually reflect the content?

The fire service weren't impressed either as they got calls from people who thought the place WAS going up!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Its just the ketchup and apple pie I have to give up then?

<sobs>

No need to give up Ketchup Hugh... It's made from fruit and is an essential partner to chips

Johnny_Rockets.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks for the exemption :)

But....are onions a fruit? Pretty much essential to ketchup......

...and the vinegar ...that's vegetable based

I reckon vinegar and ketchup must be at least two of my five a day :)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
SO...

what category would you put Bear Grylls in then...

Fruit or Vegetable?

Pole anyone?

I'll get me coat.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm not going there!

But I am with you on the boiled mush vegetables...but I love the burn of chillis....the crunch of a fresh vegetable spring roll...the heat of a ginger pudding......

...and a home made cottage pie!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Thanks for the exemption :)

But....are onions a fruit? Pretty much essential to ketchup......

...and the vinegar ...that's vegetable based

I reckon vinegar and ketchup must be at least two of my five a day :)

Onions are technically a leaf. Will have to wait for the series to come on netflix - but I did also enjoy the ones he did with Miranda Hart and Jonathan Ross.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
I don't mean to add to the name calling bit but ive heard quite a lot about bear grylls charity work as well as his exploits which are less than safety conscious
but although I do like ray mears's ways and his books I must admit that he has done a lot for his own pocket just like bear has they both endorse products and ive seen uncle ray on the insurance advert just like bear advertising walmart etc but if we cut back to basics knife with ray mears stamped on it. £450 knife with bear grylls etched on it £60. which one leaves a bushcraft knife available to folk of lower income? and ive not heard of ray doing charity work could be wrong but that's just what I think. bear is a good ambassador for Britain has served his country. and is an icon for the young who otherwise would not aspire to anything.

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I missed this last night, I was watching something that I recorded on my Sky+ I will have to see if it is on the On Demand service. I do like some of Bear's stuff the Jonathon Ross and Miranda Hart shows were good, okay some maybe alot of his stuff is bravado but it is entertaining in many respects. When I have seen him as himself on chat shows he come across as a genuinly nice fella, I myself applaud some of the stuff that he has done and continues to do. I am sure that he enjoys his chosen career path and he sure has experienced more in life that many.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE