Beach fishing - July Cornwall North cost

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jolyon

Life Member
Feb 1, 2010
wokingham
OK I will start by being totaly honest....
I have for the last 10 years or so joined my mates on a boys camp in mid July on the north cost of cornwall (near Padstien)...
They tend to have 12 man tents for a single guy and think that turning a walls sausage into an amradillo over a disposible stove is a born survivor (sorry to swear!) skill.
I have over the years managed to amaze them at my rudementry foraging and camp cooking skills... from mussles and razor clams to wild garlic sorrel etc...
This year i think it is time to blow them away.. using my newly aquired crayfish/crab pot and maybe some line caught fish....

One small problem i have not fished since i was 8!! and that was in the UEA freshly dug lake.!!

So come on guys what SIMPLE and legal equipment do i need and what bait? what time of day? how far off shore?

Am happy to snorkle out to set the pots .....

Come on make us all shine ;-)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
My only claim to fame in the fishing game (other than the story about a conger eel escaping from my rucksack on the back of the bike, but thats a tale for a different camp-fire:) ) is catching a 14.5lb bass from the shore off Padstow (St Georges beach? summat like that anyway) one evening back in the 70s. Incoming tide after dark. Killer bait was a sandeel, and it doesn't need to be that far offshore - 60-90 yards was fine, and most rods will manage that. You'll get flatties on lugworm, mackerel on spinners off the rocks.

And is there anything nicer than a freshly-caught mackerel, gutted and cooked over the embers of a campfire? Food of the gods........................

Jolyon

Life Member
Feb 1, 2010
wokingham
Mackerel , pilchard or sardine would all be good ..;-) just tell me how?.. i have a telescopic rod and happy to stand balls deep in the ocean...lol
Or do i need to buy new kit?..;-(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE