Be careful!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Starsailor lives in Galloway....

But yes, I still have a couple of VCR tapes. Plus one Video2000 tape.
But no payers. Have a DVD player, NIB, for when I want to watch my excellent eclectic collection of DVD movies when I get old.
Not everything can be watched online!

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Just had a very British notification on our local community noticeboard suggesting that in view of the forthcoming inclement weather it might be prudent to put the patio furniture away early this year.

I suspect some may keep an eye on shed roofs and the satellite dishes may wobble a bit during Corrie, but bugout vehicles, moving county, smoke and prayers, rest centres, civil unrest, looting, TEOTWAWKI? Nah, we leave that to others because good God man, we are British. :p :)

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
We get high winds up in the north west all the time; you’ll not see us flapping.
It’s been breezy today but really warm too. No doubt it will all blow over!?

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
It was reported in the media that the skies over Britain had a reddish hue due to Sahara dust. Was it as spectacular as they report?

And I hope you all are safe, outdoor umbrellas, plastic deck chairs included?

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Hey Janne .
Apologies for the crappy cell phone pic .

Weird , thats what it was.
It was eerie and the sun was indeed Red.

You could stare at it for extended periods without burning an imprint on your retina or provoking your eyes to water.

The wind was blowing the clouds around , occasionally obscuring the red sun and then it would reappear again .
For a good 30 minutes the birds had gone silent and all I could hear was the wind blowing the leaves and the occasional Chinook going over ...
Very strange and yet quite fascinating.

Larkhill and Tidworth , Wiltshire .
782b9578e0d6216b1b00d1926cdc0dc0.jpg
340a0dde9d0feae3ac42f47ef2cc6e66.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
It looked like that in Yorkshire as well Leshy, someone told me, the storm had transplanted the sky with the forest fires from portugal?

People dead already. RIP. Terrible. :(

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Seems you have another visit by Aeolus today.

Be careful, trees and branches that got invisibly damaged by the last storm can get finished by this one.
Stay at home and work on your gear....

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It's been a bit windy this afternoon, but nothing out of the ordinary. I took a nice walk in the woods and wasn't fearing branches or trees falling on me.

As is usual here, the forecasters create a huge drama whether it's wind, rain, ice, snow. It rarely occurs to the extent it was forecast.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
It's been a bit windy this afternoon, but nothing out of the ordinary. I took a nice walk in the woods and wasn't fearing branches or trees falling on me.

As is usual here, the forecasters create a huge drama whether it's wind, rain, ice, snow. It rarely occurs to the extent it was forecast.

Same here Rich. Blowing a bit and a little wet from time to time. Went out for a drive and saw some nice breaking waves on the south and south west coast of the Island too, but still no sign of rest centres, bug out bags, lines of windfall corpses and requests for "smoke and prayers." Mind you, I did just help an elderly woman walk back from the shop through the cemetery in the dark because she'd forgotten her torch. Does that count in favour of prepping and "being careful?" :rolleyes: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE