bcuk Wild Foods Week - Feb 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarky B

Aug 19, 2010
dartford
Hello Sam I wouldn't worry, most people wouldn't commit themselves this side of Crimbo, and as they don't have to 'til Jan 15th.....

Last edited:

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hello Sam I wouldn't worry, most people wouldn't commit themselves this side of Crimbo, and as they don't have to 'til Jan 15th.....

I agree mate,This will fill up in no time once santa has done his rounds,Dont think you need to worry Sam:) We are just the first lucky 3

Dec 18, 2010
bristol
hello all, i too would like to accompany you on this course, i have tried to contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office on 01432 356700 but am having little success - is there an open time? i will continue to try. hope to see you then. cheers steve.

Rarky B

Aug 19, 2010
dartford
anyone else get an email saying it might not happen due to lack of interest?

As i am gutted if this is true :(

Yeah, got til the 15th but looking less likely that a full course could go ahead. On the one hand you have to wonder about planning to run a wild foods course in the dead of winter. Still on the other it does show what I am begining to suspect about some BCUK membership ...... lots of talk about wanting courses but when they are offered it proves to be just that, all talk! Companies will not put them selves out to offer good deals for BCUK if they suspect any risk, or time wasting. Since they were let down the last time Bushcraft Expeditions have now required a deposit up front. If none of the three courses they have offered this year are not filled who could blame them for then distancing themselves from BCUK. Other companies will do likewise. It's a shame but it's also avoidable. If people have no intention of doing courses they should stop asking Tony to organise them.

Last edited:

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Yeah, got til the 15th but looking less likely that a full course could go ahead. On the one hand you have to wonder about planning to run a wild foods course in the dead of winter. Still on the other it does show what I am begining to suspect about some BCUK membership ...... lots of talk about wanting courses but when they are offered it proves to be just that, all talk! Companies will not put them selves out to offer good deals for BCUK if they suspect any risk, or time wasting. Since they were let down the last time Bushcraft Expeditions have now required a deposit up front. If none of the three courses they have offered this year are not filled who could blame them for then distancing themselves from BCUK. Other companies will do likewise. It's a shame but it's also avoidable. If people have no intention of doing courses they should stop asking Tony to organise them.

Hey Guys
I am still hopeful that people will book on last min, There is still 9 days left for people to join.
Worst case senario is that We all still have time booked off work in Feb for this so we could organize our own winter event, I know a couple of places for all year round camping that are bushcraft freindly :)

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hey Guys
I am still hopeful that people will book on last min, There is still 9 days left for people to join.
Worst case senario is that We all still have time booked off work in Feb for this so we could organize our own winter event, I know a couple of places for all year round camping that are bushcraft freindly :)

I belive another couple of people may have just booked on. Steve who[posted on this thread. he told me that when he called the numbers were up to four with him this now makes five. A Member who I know is also planning to book on so that be 6. Half way there :)
I think the places are starting to fill lads an lasses

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There's a good few days and people are booking still so this could go ahead. the feedback from the other courses that we've organised has been great and i've no doubts this one will be as well.

bivibabe

May 5, 2009
loch eck argyll
Would have liked to be on this but, as luck isn't with me, I can't do that week.. :(

EDIT- oops, didn't realise it wasn't me that was logged in.. silly Nagual.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE