bcuk Wild Foods Week - Feb 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
For the next bcuk Wild Foods Week (June) click here.

Bushcraft UK Wild Foods week

QX-nxVnhooN8W8hy80LIgLAq8mVn5TuUUH8Om1D1ACQrsF5Q6gBJ4jtH9M1UQvSgAQMyfs8iF5M4x4KXF2EN6wlZIsp5p28uEDx1trz7dqdeuoHzBw

The Bushcraft UK, Wild Foods course is a low cost high quality opportunity for members of the Bushcraft UK community to experience top of the range instruction in fantastic rural Dorset that's renowned for its huge variety of wild edibles.

COURSE DETAILS:

Course provider: Bushcraft Expeditions/Coastal Survival
Minimum numbers: 12
Maximum numbers: 16
Minimum age: 18 (16 if accompanied by an adult)
Date of Course -

Course go/no go date: (or before if numbers are there)
RV time

Course disperses:
(Full joining instructions will be issued on signing up)
Accommodation: Attendees provide their own tents, sleeping bags etc.
Catering: Self-catering and foraged foods

Cost: £255.00 (Inc VAT)

The Seasonal wild foods course will enable you to identify, collect and prepare safely the multitude of wild foods available in the English countryside. You will be instructed in techniques for identifying, collecting, preparing and dressing wild seasonal edibles.

During the course students will be expected to participate in routine tasks around the camp such as firewood collection and general camp duties.

Course subjects will cover:

• Seasonal wild edible plants of the forest field and stream.
  • Seasonal wild edible plants of the Dorset coast
  • Herbal medicinal plants and their use.
  • Hook and line, netting and trapping fish and crustaceans.
  • Seashore/rock pool wild edibles
  • Fish and shell fish preparation/cooking.
  • Rabbiting.
  • Traps and triggers.
  • Game preparation.
  • Field cooking and preserving (Primitive and contemporary)
  • Air rifles and their safe use in the hunt for game (inc shooting skills)

Course Cost and payment details:

Cost: £255.00 (Fully inclusive of VAT)

A Non refundable deposit of £75.00 is required on booking – This deposit will however be refunded in full if the course does not go ahead

Final payments: Payable immediately from the 13th May if course takes place and by no later than 27th May. Any one failing to pay their final payment by the 27th May will lose their deposit and forfeit their place to a reserve. It is the individual's responsibility to make note of the above and make prompt payment. Neither Bushcraft UK or Bushcraft Expeditions will be responsible for chasing up and reminding individuals about payments.

All bookings and payments should be made directly to Bushcraft Expeditions by the following means:

To pay by credit/debit card:
Contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office on 01432 356700. You will need to provide your full name, address, bank/card and contact (email and phone) details and BCUK user name.

To pay by Paypal:
Contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office on 01432 356700 or on the email address below. You will need to provide your full name, address, contact (email and phone) details, and BCUK user name. Do not make any payment until you have confirmed your booking with Bushcraft Expeditions office.

inforequest@bushcraftexpeditions.com (use this email address for Paypal payments)

To pay by bank transfer:
If paying directly into the bank by bank transfer etc please phone the number above for the account details. You will need to provide your full name, address, bank/card and contact (email and phone) details and BCUK user name.

All payments are by secure means.

On receipt of your booking and clearance of your deposit, all paper work will be sent via email, unless otherwise requested differently

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT NO STUDENTS BOOK TRAVEL TICKETS OR PURCHASE COURSE EQUIPMENT OR FOOD UNTIL THE EXPEDITION HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE TAKING PLACE. NIETHER BUSHCRAFT UK OR BUSHCRAFT EXPEDITIONS WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSE AS A RESULT OF STUDENTS NOT COMPLYING WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT.

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, course date are set :D

Deposits to Becky in the office to secure places. it would be great if people can let us know on here that you've book, then you can start talking about it, sort out travelling etc

goojob

Rarky B

Aug 19, 2010
dartford
Well done Sam. Paid my deposit too. Hope this goes ahead, don't think people realise this is a good deal.

From experience I known Bushcraft Expeditions run very good courses. As for Coastal Survival, they were involved in the wild foods week-end last month so the very positive post course comments are on this site to be read.

Come on guys you know it makes sense. Koko Pete, Dark horse Dave, that includes you!

The list so far;
1 man of tanith
2 Rarky B

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just to let everyone know,I've had a number of people asking me about this, we just need to see who signs up :D

I might get on this one as well :D

Oct 9, 2009
sussex
hey, would love to do this one, but 250 quid 3 weeks after the big 'C' may well be too much for me! Any chance of another one three months later when my bank accounts recovered a bit?? Also how strict is this no under 16s rule? I have a son who's nearly 14 and very adult who's mad keen on all this stuff.

W0lf

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2009
London
Would really love to do, been looking to take part in wild food courses for sometime .... However it's the weekend that my misses is expecting our first so I know I'm dead if I tried it on!! :-/ Will there be one later in the year or do I have to wait a whole twelve months?!! [Ponder].

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Well done Sam. Paid my deposit too. Hope this goes ahead, don't think people realise this is a good deal.

From experience I known Bushcraft Expeditions run very good courses. As for Coastal Survival, they were involved in the wild foods week-end last month so the very positive post course comments are on this site to be read.

Come on guys you know it makes sense. Koko Pete, Dark horse Dave, that includes you!

The list so far;
1 man of tanith
2 Rarky B

:) I'm really up for another course Rich, but I'm going to have to give this particular one a miss!

Regards

Dave

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I have just paid my deposit and am looking forward to this.
If any one on here is thinking of going and needs a lift then I live not far from Bristol airport and could pick up before the course and drop back there after. Dunno if that helps anyone but am happy to be taxi for the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE