bcuk Wallpaper!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Mikey P said:
These images are outstanding - well done to the photographer/s!

I don't want to jump the gun here but:

How about a calendar? We could have these seasonal images (1 a month) and each month would also have a list of foods/trees/etc, coming into season or things to look out for in that month.

That's off the top of my head and I haven't thought about any of the difficulties involved at all. Is it something that might be possible???

It is something that's possible but it's probably not going to happen for this Jan :?: There are many things to take into consideration, the biggest of all would be financial, covering the cost of printing one (it would have to be done well to do the pictures credit) It's something that I'll look into (well, my wife will tomorrow, I've just talked to her about it!) Sourcing good pictures shouldn't be a problem, I took some of the ones for the wallpaper and MD sorted the rest...

I'll keep you all posted on this and the diary idea :biggthump

falling rain said:
Lovely pictures...... It's a shame our my company's IT People have disenabled the setting of wallpaper backgrounds. We have to have the corporate wallpaper :cry: ......... Small things like that are what really bug me... It's not necessary... What's wrong with a beautiful picture as wallpaper ? No one is getting hurt by it ? :?: ..................I want to go and live in the woods..for a very long time :eek:):

Most companies do that to keep centerfolds from becoming wallpaper. :nono:

Rod

On a new journey
falling rain said:
Lovely pictures...... It's a shame our my company's IT People have disenabled the setting of wallpaper backgrounds. We have to have the corporate wallpaper :cry: ......... Small things like that are what really bug me... It's not necessary... What's wrong with a beautiful picture as wallpaper ? No one is getting hurt by it ? :?: ..................I want to go and live in the woods..for a very long time :eek:):

I also work for a similarly narrow-minded p***- poor company :cry:

MD they look great though . I shall admire from afar :You_Rock_

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
arctic hobo said:
Open the file in Paint, then click "File" then "Set as wallpaper: Centred". This almost always gets around it :wink:
Been there tried that, used to work earlier this year, but they've managed to stop that as well now.

D

DOC-CANADA

maddave said:
Glad everyone liked em... :biggthump

maddave, they are great pictures, but, excuse my ignorance (living in the colonies, and all) but don't you guys live in the land of 'Page 3' of 'The Sun'?

I tried to install the 'fire' background, but Jo (as twins, from Page 3) wouldn 't let me. :?:

Since my original post, I DID download the screensaver - excellent! ( I asked Jo but she said no dice!)

:smile: Doc :smile:

D

DOC-CANADA

arctic hobo said:
Am I missing something? I don't see the connection.

I was suggesting, that as lovely as maddave's pictures are, they won't take the place of Jo (from page 3) on my desktop. :smile:

:smile: Doc :smile:

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
falling rain said:
It's a shame our my company's IT People have disenabled the setting of wallpaper backgrounds. We have to have the corporate wallpaper :cry: ......... Small things like that are what really bug me... It's not necessary... What's wrong with a beautiful picture as wallpaper ? No one is getting hurt by it ?
Sadly in this money oriented society they can be :( I work for a large IT compnay and we regularly get letters from companies telling us to remove images which they regard as their copyrighted material. :nono:

I don't know of any cases that have actually come to court in this country but most large corporates avoid the possiblity by locking down the desktop.

However are you any good at HTML? If so design a webpage with href links to replace all your normal desktop icons then fire it up in your browser and work from that. Include a link back to your desktop so you can access your files in window and you may need never look at you old company one for more than a few seconds when you start up :D

Here is my old one which I have modified to use pretty standard windows programmes, of course once you get into it there is no limit as to what you can do, one of mine was so bit it scrolled down three pages which is something you can't easily do in windows (yet!) without messing about with the graphics settings.

<html>
<body background="c:\windows\Greenstone.bmp">

<a href="c:\windows\explorer.exe" target="new">Explorer</a>
<p>
<a href="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE" target="new">Excel</a>
<p>
<a href="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE" target="new">Word</a>
<p>
<a href="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE" target="new">Outlook</a>
<p>
<p>
<a href="e:\" target="new">E: Drive</a>
<p>
<a href="m:\zdr\camp\" target="new">Camp Info</a>

</body>
</html>

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
The original links are all pointing to the old domain name: bushcraftuk.net
Which Tony let lapse a while ago and the cheeky Net Sitters jumped on and nabbed..

I think Tony has a copy of them still and was going to put them up in the downloads section when he has time.

Cheers
Carlo

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
He he, I have got a copy of them somewhere :rolleyes: I'll have to look through an old machine as they're not where I thought they were:eek:

They're great images.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE