BcUK Photograph of 2014 competition July heat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Thanks for your comments but I hope I haven't really discouraged anyone from entering.

I'd rather withdraw than do that. :(

Don't do that. Those are just comments of admiration for your shot, but we are all in this for the fun of it. Besides, until the votes are in everyone has a chance, and there are several very strong entries alreay this month.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Subscribed members can upload pictures and host them on Bushcraft UK, non subscribed members need to use a photo hosting service and link the pictures through to the posts in the forum.
So if you're using a flikr account you should be able to display the pictures on here by using the image tags
with the picture address in between them, if it won't show after that it's probably your flikr settings...

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Now, here's what i did:

I clicked on the curved arrow icon at the bottom right of your picture, selected BB Code and the size I wanted, then highlighted the string that comes up in the box below. I copied that string.

Then i come to here, selected the picture icon from the posts toolbar (above, next to the one that looks like cinefilm), and selected 'From URL'. I pasted the string into the box, and unticked the tick box below it.

When you click Upload, you get the following string, between

Misty water 2 by aaron.rumney, on Flickr

Now delete everything except the bit in red, and ensure you still have the
at either end, and your image should appear.

It is a bit of a faff to write out, but it is pretty quick really.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Any chance of seeing the images before and then after photoshop et al? Lets see the natural image first. I like packages like photoshop but there is a fine line between a 'bit' of photoshop and making an image almost cartoon like IMHO.

Its not hard to convert a RAW file to JPG at a size that which would be perfectly acceptable for forum viewing.

Keep the photo's coming :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Any chance of seeing the images before and then after photoshop et al? Lets see the natural image first. I like packages like photoshop but there is a fine line between a 'bit' of photoshop and making an image almost cartoon like IMHO.

Its not hard to convert a RAW file to JPG at a size that which would be perfectly acceptable for forum viewing.

If you want to see the RAW pictures please ask to see them elsewhere.

Having entrants posting the same picture twice can lead to to possible confusion when I create the voting page at the end of each month.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
It isn't important. I don't process (don't have the skills or the tools), but the discussion was had when the rules were first established, and some image processing is fine.

Still, if it is just for curiosity, individual photographers may want to show what the 'raw/RAW' image looked like. I'd be curious myself. The competition thread may not be the best place for it though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE