BCUK or BUCK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The only person I threatened to flame was Nat

Burn 'im.
witchhunt.gif
Burn 'im........;)

And he proved he's got a sense of humour.

dragonferret

Oct 10, 2005
pl9
OK so we can safely say that a buck would be a no go . But one point i noticed was that some folk were calling buck poor only on hearsay . And yes toddy there is more to life here bcuk than this thread . :)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
OK so we can safely say that a buck would be a no go

Not necessarily:rolleyes: ;) . At the end of the day, you only have yourself to please. If you are happy with what you use, why not? We all have different ideas, strong views, obviously:D , but if it works for you that's what counts. But I can't see it being taken up as a "mascot" somehow!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good on you :D

*Everyone* has an opinion on knives :rolleyes: :) To my husband's total bemusement I somehow feel the need to at least look at others, even though the WM1 suits me entirely. That said, wait for the rants I'll get now 'cos I know it's grind is not to everyone's taste ;) :D

cheers,
Toddy

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
if a knife works you use it and if you can use any knife well then even better - some are only good at using one type or assume that because they paid 10x whats its worth then it must be better - those I pity.

if you want a mascot knife then get a set of swiss farmers made up with logo'd scales - now there aren't many who could possibly complain about that :)

I do find the spoon carving a strange phenomenon though - turns out we'd been doing it wrong for decades with our burning coal and round rocks for sanding it out, it seems those indians are responsible for more than the teepee :)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Wasn't the BCUK, BUCK anagram thing meant as a kind of joke?

I don't own any but quite a few of them look okay to me. I'm not into the tacticool designs but they do some classic stuff like the 110 and the Vanguard.

2401.jpg

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
when i was a kid, I remember positively lusting after a beast of a knife called the buckmaster.

im talking huge great rambo affair, hollow handle, compass in the cap, saw back, think it even had ice pegs that screwed into the guard. and cost 200 squid back in the early eighties

I remember reading a test in survival weaponry and techniques magazine, where they stabbed it through a galvanised up and over garage door. and then cut down through it, and then boasted that you could still shave with it after. lmao

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
You don't need to grind it off, just wait a bit and it'll fall off by the sound of it. ;)

it won't ;)
I find it strange that so many people are slagging off the knife without ever having seen it or used it, and those who have seen it or used it tend to be making rather strange statements, i'd be interested to hear about how people managed to break the ti of their knife off doing "normal" knife suties like prying open tins of paint and throwing at trees? Justbecause it isn't either a traditional scandi or a 4mm thick drop point doesn't mean it's a useless knife!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have had a 110 for 30 years and a 124 Frontiersman for 18 years. No problems and both great knives.

The 110 is the most copied knife ever produced, thats official! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE