BCUK Canadian Canoe Expedition 12th May - 21st May 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Sorry man!! I was hoping everyone else would add themselves to the last! Happy to see another member sign up.

It is regretable to see that the Arctic trip has been cancelled due to insufficient numbers! I dont see why this course hasnt been booked out and people fighting for places! it is great value for money and a once in a lifetime experience. It is also giving plenty of notice so people can save for it! Cmon guys you know you want to!!

Also Ive been telling friends about it who have no real experience with bushcraft but enjoy the idea of the trip. Is it possible for them to come along?

Thanks

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
1) Bushcraftsman
2) Briantrubshaw
3) hertsboy
4) Imagedude
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I've always fancied the idea of a trip like that but I've never got round to learning any canoeing skillls. How much would you need to know for a trip like this?

Ross Bowyer

Apr 29, 2004
kendal
All of our expeditions start out with the basics and then build on the skills that make living and travelling in those environments comfortable.

Hope to see you there!

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
do it!! I know for instance myself and briantrubshaw are beginners also! it will be brilliant and a great price...these courses are usually like 3k! and it gives plenty of time to save :)

The Irish are more than welcome! ;) i'm going to Dublin next Thursday...decided yesterday that we fancied a trip somewhere so we're going to Dublin!

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I'm in and deposit paid.
Get your name down folks and contact the office. This is a bargin and an amazing trip.
Woody and co really know their stuff, and I can back that up after going to Norway with them in 2007.

1) Bushcraftsman
2) Briantrubshaw
3) hertsboy
4) Imagedude
5) TedW
6) DaveyM (maybe)
7) Addo
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

-- MINIMUM --

13)
14)
15)
16)​

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All

The following is an official list of all those that have paid their deposits for this expedition and consequently represent the numbers so far:

1. Addo
2. TedW

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Just wondering, has one of these expensive courses/trips , ever actually taken place? Only it may be me being thick, but i can't find history of one!

Ivan...

This sounds very interesting! Question though:

I live in the region (NS, by the time this trip happens I may have moved to Newfoundland). If I were to do this I would probably drive there, and I would be able to bring my own canoe and canoe equipment. Since I wouldn't need to rent a canoe or equipment, and can transport my own, would the price be different?

Thanks

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Anyone? It does appear, that if you ask an awkward question on here, you do not get an answer!

Ivan...

So because your question didn't get answered in less that 90 minutes you think that? How on earth is it an awkward question.... It's much more a case of we're busy people.

They're not expensive in comparison to other expeditions and for what you get, compared to camping for a week in the UK, yes they are.

We've had some arctic expeds and UK courses run through offering these to the Members of BCUK, I think we've offered the canoeing once before and it didn't happen. That's the nature of doing things this way, the opportunity is there and we're planning for a fair bit in the future with the timing of things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE