BCUK BUSHMOOT summer 2005 Poll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Are you coming to the BCUK BUSHMOOT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Unfortunately, I hadn't realised the scale of the journey - 7-8 hours on train with 2 changes each way from Edinburgh makes it a bit too much for me for one weekend - however, I hope that I'll be able to get to another one some time soon (hopefully further North? ;)), and I'll be spending next weekend at the (not so very) North Scottish Mini-meet

Hope you guys all have fun!

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
match said:
Unfortunately, I hadn't realised the scale of the journey - 7-8 hours on train with 2 changes each way from Edinburgh makes it a bit too much for me for one weekend - however, I hope that I'll be able to get to another one some time soon (hopefully further North? ;)), and I'll be spending next weekend at the (not so very) North Scottish Mini-meet

i, however am made of sterner stuff and am prepared to brave the rigours of public transport in the name of bushcraft :D
and i'm travelling from further north than you :p

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
match said:

No 'no frills' airlines going in roughly the right direction then?
Cheeers
David

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
match said:

Don't know if your aware but Cardiff International Airport (Rhoose) is only a few minutes away from Merthyr Mawr, :D
Fare from Edinburgh about £35 :eek: that's a good deal cheaper than the train

.Might even persuade one of the locals to pick you up ;)

regards

beach bum

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Hmm - well, looking into it I can get an EasyJet flight to Bristol return inc taxes etc for about 70 quid, or a bmibaby flight to Cardiff return inc taxes for about 100 quid.

Train return from Bristol would cost me about 15 quid... I'm assuming I could get from Cardiff airport to Merthyr Mawr easily, one way or another...

Can we get an 'err, maybe, I dunno?' category on this here poll then...? :D

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I posted this in the other summer moot thread but got no reply so i'll try again here.

I'm currently trying to get my travel arrangements sorted for the moot, I have a ride to Myther Mawr on the Friday but at present my trip home on the Monday is looking a little sketchy. I would like to come home on Monday but if I have no option I’ll it will have to be Sunday, so what I’m asking is if any one in Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Berkshire area or after that long list even the south east and can get me to within an hours drive of Aylesbury so my good lady wife can come and get me please can I have a ride home? I don’t mind sharing fuel costs and my rucksack is pretty small

May 24, 2005
I will be driving to the MM meet via Bristol on Friday morning. If anyone needs a lift I have room in my car for one or two people.
With best wishes from Andrew

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Just thought that a timely reminder might be needed. This meet is NOT a Bank Holiday. We have the site booked for the Monday, but those that stay will have to book a day's holiday.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
James, I have had a look at the map and reckon that I can take you pretty much all the way back on the way home. I think that the route up to Market Harborough can go past Oxford and not add more than 10 miles to the total.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I remember from recent threads that many of you play the tin whistle

if you play an instument bring it along to the Bushmoot, playing music and story telling is what camp fires are all about!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE