BCB = Vanguard?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Was in local surplus store the other day and saw a Crusader cooking unit and mug. The mug has BCB and the nato stock number (NSN) stamped on the side but the cooking unit hanging next to it in a plastic bag seemed to be made by a company called Vanguard? The cooking unit didn't have any identifying marks on it. I know it's not army issue kit (yet) so no NSN number but I thought both mug and cooker were made by BCB?

The reason I ask is that I've been looking to buy the cooking unit for a while (already have the mug) but when I picked up the cooker in the shop it was surprisingly substantial/heavy! It pretty much weighed the same or maybe even a little more than the mug! Is this right (I had a slight hangover so I may have had a heavy hand/poor weight judgement that day :D ) or do you think the one in the shop is a badly made copy? :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE