BBC's Blue Peter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
No, I'm pretty sure it was his own hammock design.

I thought it was quite good, it will really get the kids thinking that the outdoors is a cool place to be rather than stuck in front of a computer all the time.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I managed to catch the repeat on CBBC earlier on..... thanks for pointing that out. A great intro for kids as well as the saxon village... I loved the bread oven.
That was eco hammock as sold by woodlore that they were using.

:)
Ed

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
yup....blue peter's still great even when you're 30! :wink:

i really liked the way he pushed the idea about leaving no trace, so many times i have walked and come across old fires that i'm sure won't be quite as frequent now.

i only caught a bit of it but what i saw was standard ray, teaching us to be at one with nature!

good one ray! :-D

diddn't like the look of the water though, i would hav'e boiled it to hell and back! :shock:

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
i grew up in that area and remember that saxon village when it was just one hut,i`d recomend a visit too that place if anyone is near as its exellent , try a week day tho, no noise very peacefull, cheers al

Scott

Jan 2, 2004
Coventry, UK
Yes, I bought one, haven't tried it yet - can't wait to do so.

Had it for Christmas. Hoping to rig it all up at my local campsite soon and give it a whirl.

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
But it makes it look so easy to just go out and have a nice open fire doesn't it...............

.............................if only we just could pick a spot and spark up!!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
:wink: ahh the magic of television!

funny that, :-? he also seems to make shelters in five minutes, can always light a friction fire first time, and the woods for camping in are only a stroll away!

sorry... it would be nice, but there's this thing called editing! :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE