BBC Timewatch, Viking voyage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Hi Wayland :D
i was watching an episode of Tony Robinsons Worlds Worst Jobs this morning on the discovery channel and who should pop up on the screen but your good self advising on clifftop egg collection, I am surprised they got Tony near the clifftop with his fear of heights. Good Tv though especially when he lost his shoes as he was abseiling

Fair play to Tony he was terrified but he did it, not just once but twice so they could get another angle on it with only one camera crew.

Egg_Collecting.jpg
:yikes:

I got them to let me have a go and it was great fun but I've done that sort of stuff before.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
My thoughts are that they made a good job of it.

The steorbord strap was made wrong in my opinion and the pivot rope could have been made with a Man rope knot and a back splice which would have stopped the knot from walking.

Might be worth contacting them and suggesting they try it for the voyage back, in Sumner, after all it is a research thing.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Thanks for the pointer to the repeat. I recorded it and have enjoyed it greatly. Blimey, those Vikings were very hardy folk!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE