Bayonet

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Ah bayonets.... This one is for a Steyr AUG. Not a particularly brilliant bayonet tbh. Prone to snap when doing the business (in training at least).

002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Are you a collector of bayonets bud

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Nah, not in the least. Just happened across this one, through an accounting error by a CQMS...if you know what I mean!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The blades yes. But on that particular bayonet I'm not so sure the plastic handle's up to the abuse.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Sadly, no photo's, but a few months ago i gave away my grandads 1917 springfield bayonet, i did give it to a WW1 collector who i know, so its gone to a good home, along with the "old mans"issue clasp knife.

Rob

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Well I think I'm going to do a custom engraving job on the bayonet give it a good clean and polish then swap it on or GIO .hopefully it will go to a good home .

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
This is my Bayonet Trev, 106 years young and untouched. I think it was made by Remmington for the Aussie army. I've no idea how rare it is or what it's worth. I just like it as it is.

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg
Atb
Colin.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Beautiful bayonet CK. Be advised though that the date (1907) likely isn'e the date of manufacture. Rather it's likely the date that that particular design/model was excepted and contracted for. It would most likely have been stamped on all bayonets of the same design/model until whatever year it was replaced.

In any case it certainly is a beautiful piece of history!

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Beautiful bayonet CK. Be advised though that the date (1907) likely isn'e the date of manufacture. Rather it's likely the date that that particular design/model was excepted and contracted for. It would most likely have been stamped on all bayonets of the same design/model until whatever year it was replaced.

In any case it certainly is a beautiful piece of history!

Ah! thanks for the info santaman. That would make a lot of sense. I wonder when this model was superseded.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I have the bayonet at home and have also been given this other knife which I have no clue what it is but has a rather intricate designed copper or brass Handel any help on this one.
null-37.jpg

null-36.jpg

This one above has a little damage around the pommel probably been dropped but other than that looks original.
A real heavy thick blade .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE