Battery case for CR 123 A?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Varusteleka suggests to use the MilTec waterproof match case for CR123A Batteries.

Do I understand right that I can put two of them with the same orientation over each other if they are full?

And what happens if I change one and put the empty one together with the full one back into the match case?

I think about buying the Surefire Minimus head lamp that uses only one of these batteries. And for my kind of use two spare batteries would be enough.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yeah, should be fine. Would need a completed circuit for them to interact with each other.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Well, but do you both disagree here or what?
Paper could suck condensated water, so let's say rubber. Is a rubber sheet needed or not?

And another question:
What happens if I put them in adverse direction against each other if both are full or one is empty?

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Putting an insulator is fine to. I'm guessing going to want something to prevent them rattling anyway if the case is too long.

Some people put paper/card in their flashlights when storing them for longer periods, to prevent drain, to ensure the circuit is broken.

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
Sometimes bits of kit,torches and the like will already have a plastic tab in place,i'm not too sure if you should store old and new batteries together though,i dare say someone on here will be a lot wiser than moi on the subject.You could try contact lens cases.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I would rather put rubber to the bottom of the tube to prevent them from rattling if that's also fine. Changing batteries in the dark and rain is already complicated enough.

So, is an insulator needed or not?

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Thank You very much!

Last question:
Why and when do they leak or don't they do it anymore?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE