Basket weaving book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
As per title..any recommendations on any good basket weaving books ?
I’m a complete beginner and would love to give it a go.
Thanks in advance
HF
"Willow work" by Mary Butcher is a great resource! It looks tiny but it's full of everything you need to know and then some.
I also really recommend going on a one-day course with a proper basket weaver to get going properly and get the very basics sorted straight away. Well worth the money.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
As per title..any recommendations on any good basket weaving books ?
I’m a complete beginner and would love to give it a go.
Thanks in advance
HF
There are loads of youtube videos on basket weaving, which can be a good supplement to a book if you can't get on a course, but do make sure that you get one with an actually basket weaver and not just your average bushcrafter having a go.

I say that because I've seen several done by people who seemingly really don't know that much about basket weaving and are missing out several key steps. They might end up with a (somewhat) functional basket that would be serviceable in the short-term - and there's nothing wrong with that - but it will not set you up for making good, long-lived baskets.

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE