basher brew dartmoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

haytor7

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2014
devon
Hi. got a basher tarp the other day so I thought I might try it on a wet rainy Dartmoor.

I watched a few utube clips on how to go about putting my tarp up and a couple of clips about knots to use.

Sort of getting there.?

Made my first brew under a tarp loved it. the dog liked its bowl of milk too

Walked back to the car a happy chap. I am learning that when doing the bushcraft testing in your shed/workshop and it works fine, that does not mean it will work fine or at all when outdoors. thanks for viewing.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Nice pics there mate. Couldn't agree more about garden bushcraft being so much different to the real deal. I learnt that lesson on my last camp too. That said it's still fun to have a little cook up on your stove in the garden.

leon-1

That's a lovely looking little meths cooker mate. From what I've read it should do you well. The military bashers are quite good if a little large when packed, but having said that they're a lot better than the old poncho's were as they have a larger footprint and pack down smaller and lighter.

Is it paracord that you're using for the ridge line? If it is what're you using for the prussik /rolling hitch?

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Great pics, great day out

Careful giving your dog milk though our neighbours dog get very very ill and with complications eventually died last year after they fed it milk, apparently dogs stomachs can often struggle to handle the lactose.

Apparently some dogs handle is better than others, diarrhoea, flatulence, the dog coughing and being sick are all signs your dog might not handle it well.

haytor7

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2014
devon
Thanks for the concern over the dog your right milk is not good for dogs. she very rarely has milk. and seam's fine with it.

I do use 3mm para cord for the ridge line. as for the knot I don't know what its called but its one I use when fishing it can put tension on the cord. and the slip knot from the ridge line to the tarp was just made up on the spot..thanks

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Nice brew spot.just had a little Google of the stove your using. Is it a vintage stove can't seem too find much about it.looks a nice little setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haytor7

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2014
devon
Its an old Nikon d60 dslr my first real camera. its got the contrast and colour turned up a bit plus white balance adjustment. but it shoots what it sees.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE