Basha/tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bunnerz

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2006
Bedfordshire
Hey, I'm looking to get a new basha/tarp, especialy seen as its gettin warm. I have one but its a bad material so its noisey and heavy!

Im hoping to spend as little as possible, but want something light, waterproof and big enough to fit me under being 6'1

Any recomendations or tarps you wanna get rid of ;)

cheers, bunn

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If you want quiet, then I can only suggest you stay away from UK issued bashas as they are very noisy. You could try the german poncho, I cannot find it anywhere for less than twenty quid other than Raeer in Germany. If you aren't in a rush for one, I will be visiting Raeer one last time when I go back to germany on the 15th of march. I'll probably get in there at the weekend, and for 12 euros you can't complain!!! I'll pick you one up if you want.

http://www.raeer.de/cgi-bin/katalog/3062cd7ad8c94c23

My brother has one upstairs and it is like a rubber sheet, but not that heavy. I think it may be rubberised cloth, but anyway, it doesn't rustle. I know one or two people here swear by them so maybe they can inform you better.

Bunnerz

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2006
Bedfordshire
Thanks alot, but im really after a camo basha, that could hopefully fit 2 people under without too much of a squeeze. i dont mind paying up to 30 or maybe 40. It doesnt have to be completely silent by any means but the one i have now you can hear a mile away....nearly!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Bunnerz said:
Thanks alot, but im really after a camo basha, that could hopefully fit 2 people under without too much of a squeeze. i dont mind paying up to 30 or maybe 40. It doesnt have to be completely silent by any means but the one i have now you can hear a mile away....nearly!

What make is your basha sheet, is it the UK issue?

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
May want to look at the US army ponchos. I use one, as does my nephew. Quiet, light, they snap together, and, as a bonus, you can use it as a poncho! ;)

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
spamel said:
could try the german poncho, I cannot find it anywhere for less than twenty quid other than Raeer in Germany.

Best I could find was £25 quid at:- www.flecktarn.co.uk.

....... you can also get a cotton german army 2 man tent for £15 form the same website. The cotton needs water proofing though.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You can also get an american canvas tent from surplus and adventure for around 12 quid. It comes in two parts, and I'm not 100% sure but I think you can use it as some sort of cape. You could use a half as a shelter aswell but I would only use it that way in the warmer months. With a fire in front and a few blankets, it would be getting right back to basics.

Bjorn Victor

Forager
Apr 3, 2006
Belgium
Look at Hilleberg.

They are good, light, different sizes and the noise is ok when not tensionned. No noise when all guylines are tensionned.

Bjorn

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Bjorn Victor said:
Look at Hilleberg.

They are good, light, different sizes and the noise is ok when not tensionned. No noise when all guylines are tensionned.

Bjorn

I'll second the Hilleberg recommendation, I have a Tarp 10 and used it for much of last summer, very light for the size (3 x 3m-ish) and very hard wearing.

Available in any color you like as long as its green :) no cammo options.

See it here...

http://www.hilleberg.se/images/tarp.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE