Bargain!!! Wetterlings Small Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Rutlands have the Wetterlings small axe at under half price if you fancy getting one :)

product-image-c.php

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Expect more Wetterlings bargains to appear. The brand is going to disappear.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
While it's not tragic news for the staff, it's such a shame that the Wetterlings brand will disappear. I've been very pleased with my outdoor axe and having compared it side by side with the GB Small Forest Axe, I have struggled to see any marked difference in quality.

I wonder if they might release occasional limited edition runs of Wetterlings branded axes just to keep the name alive?

Guzzi Goose

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2011
London
I've just bought a Wetterlings 104 Compact, it took a bit of finding and I had a few conversations with retailers.

A couple said that the prices of Axes were going up now Wetterlings had gone and the Hultafors Mini was going to be over £70 (you can find it for £50 at the moment) and the GB would only affordable for Russian Oligarchs.

Some of this was sales patter (I work in sales) one tried to close on me on a Hultafors at £70 saying the price might go up further.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
personally i blame all of these new forges opening up for the demise of wetterlings, theres people doing instructionals on youtube, people opening up forges in there back garden, supply and demand my friends.

Muskett

Forager
Mar 8, 2016
East Sussex
Maybe If Ray Mears had used a Wetterlings it might have been GB who were taken over and closed

Very possibly true. The companies had different marketing strategies. Wetterlings are the right price for a premium work too, and GB a super premium. There are other good makers of axes, Italy, Germany, don't think anyone makes axes in the UK any more though happy to be proved wrong?? Some made in the US too. Chinese are rubbish and just break.
Certainly there has been a renewed interest in axes. Most work is still done with a chainsaw but a good axe has its place.

Anyhow, good luck to the new venture. Maybe sometime in the future the Wetterling will be a line in the GB mix. Only time will tell.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Did anyone actually manage to buy one.. or two, three??

If so I'd be interested in a fair price deal. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE