Barbour Solway Zipper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
This Barbour Solway Zipper has been worn but very little and as so, it's in very good condition. There are no signs of wear you see on most worn Barbours; cuffs, pockets, flaps, elbows and all seams look almost unworn.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

The only thing i can find that is not 100% is a tiny, and i do mean tiny, 'pull' on the left shoulder blade area of the back. I have tried to illustrate it using a 5p coin just so you can see. It's almost insignificant, it's not a hole, rip or tear, just a little bit of loose cotton.

IMG_0493.jpg

The big picture showing the 5p piece.....

IMG_0494.jpg

.....and a close up to show in detail the almost microscopic 'pull'.

It's a 97cm / 38" chest which equates to a medium or small large (if that makes sense.

Just to put it in perspective, it's made from the same heavyweight cotton as the international but with a longer cut and the full collar. There are a couple of stylistic differences but it's heavier cotton than the Beaufort and WAY heavier than the Durham. Apparently the Solway was very popular with ghillies and fly fishermen. I say was as Barbour have not made the Solway for a few years so the opportunity to get one is rare and one in this condition, rarer still.

So, in summary, not new but in remarkable condition with hardly any sign of wear. Heavyweight cotton coat that was produced by the 'Daddy'of waxed jacket manufacturers. There is even the lapel badge on this one!

Looking for £65 to include recorded delivery and Paypal fee's.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
It got messy when we hit sloe gin, then single malt and then beer o'clock:

Still felt it on Monday.....

My mother keeps saying to me - after all she spent on my education, I can at least look the part. :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE