Bangor Gwynedd Advice please

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Guys I'm off down to Llanllechid, Bangor next week for a few days. I don't know that part of the world at all and wonder is there anything I should go to see, take a walk in or take advantage of whilst I'm there. I'll only have the evenings available(I think) but will have a vehicle so kit and reasonable distance shouldn't be a problem.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Drive on to Angelsey, turn left and visit Newborough, there's a forest there and wild horses running amok :) when I last fished there.

While yer over on the island, say hello to Prince William for me. :cool:

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
llanberis well worth a visit - newborough is great, ogwen valley, dinorwic quarry (llanberis), mountains...... soooo much to do (I lived there for about 14 years)

Dom.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Depends on your interests and time available. The hill walking is great. The classic Snowdon Horseshoe is a grand adventure. The Llanberis pass has great bouldering. The Menai Straits offer some entertaining paddling. There are plenty of good pubs offering great beer and local produce.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Start at Aber and climb up the left hand side of the falls if you dont mind the hights and your careful with your footing. Then trott off up the left side of the rest of the falls up to Carnedd Llewelyn it is a bit of a hike but well worth it if your condfident with a map n thills.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE