Bananas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emma

Forager
Nov 29, 2004
Hampshire/Sussex
I've just been having a discussion with my housemates, and until I baked a banana a few nights ago they'd never heard of baking bananas, even though one of them is accustomed to occasionally baking potatoes next to a fire. I've always been under the impression that baking bananas next to a fire is well-known... or is it just me?

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I have tried chocolate in banana. It tastes really nice. Just slice down the banana and fill gap with thin chocolate plates. Bake in embers. :wink:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've been meaning to try the baked banana recipe that Ray used on his African program, but I only get as far as finding the whisky :naughty: :naughty:

Dave

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Allegedley people that eat bananas in the bush are more attractive to some biting flies, Ive never tested this out and often carry banana chips, the info comes from a good mate of mine, scout leader in Canada, maybe its only the biting bugs in canada that like banana eaters?

Jason

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Most people are only familiar with the yellow variety. Bannanas come in amazing different varieties, with a small red one the South American variety best for cooking. The yellow commerical version is in trouble. It is actually an early GM product and is somehow exausting it's ability to replicate. Thats fine with me. Our big US producer Chiquita bullied tariffs on small caribean producers and destroyed their market. Now they are growing drugs in many cases. The great Bannana plantations are also responsible for wiping out many other mixed forest areas. My personal favourite is a quart pitcher of cold Bannana Margarita to wash down a plate of mexican food. I did this excavating the 1820 Rectory in downtown Los Angeles. I sort of staggared back just in time to meet an upset Cardinal Mahoney. Seems they wanted to get this " usless bit of history' out of the way to build a youth center.he wasn't very pleasant when I said achaeology was all about TIME. Then I made the mistake of calling him 'Roger Dodger' his high school nickname my mother recalled from high school. He turned beet red and asked who my family was. "Oh yes, you had the excommunicated grandfater in the IRA and can't receive communion.Well now Cardinal, I don't know about that, seeing as I attended Saint Mark's( the big L.A. Anglican cathedral) just yesterday. I don't know about flies, but never drink bannana margaritas around Cardinals :lol: Any system for dehydrating food or making Jerky makes splendid chips. The thinner the faster it goes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE