Bamboo as a fuel source

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar
it's not too bad -- and corrugated iron is the common material for roofs around here unless you want to go through the lengthy process of cutting and processing spiky palm fronds :)
Used to have roofs like that in Tz, just left them as made for years, until... sparks from a braai set one off and we lost a whole section. After that we used to spray with borax solution to offer some fire-resistance, just as we should have from the start... :banghead:

If I remember right, he has shared his hut with a Fer-de-Lance at one point, noisy rain is the least of his problems ;)
you've good memory :) the fer-de-lance was on a different farm and in a different shelter, but on my current location i almost fell on a 5ft female about 25m from the shelter -- she made a tasty soup for diner (we also had a 4ft boa eating our last two chooks a month ago, but boas are not to be harmed on our place...)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE