Baggy inner - Force 10 MK4 CN?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grallocher

May 14, 2010
Scotland
Hi folks

Got a new Force 10 Mk4 classic CN last week and I pitched it the other day and found the inner seemed rather "baggy" compared to my old one this replaced.

Not sure if its poor quality control, badly finished inner or pitching fault.

Don't think its a pitching fault, my old one was easy to throw up & I've never had a problem plus hard can it be ..its a simple a-frame design & unchanged for eons!!
Any ideas?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'm sure you've already checked this, but have you hooked up the inner/outer "hooks" mid-way down the tent between the inner and fly?

Grallocher

May 14, 2010
Scotland
Yes Andy, two fore n aft hooks done with the centre clip n slide pole in position. The side just seem to have excess bag in them for some strange reason.
I tried shortening the two side of the tent spacer hook clips to provide more tension (the ones inside guy attachment points) but still sack slack ;)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
To be honest, I was pretty sure you'd covered that, but you never know!

Sounds like a fault to me. Give Vango a call and complain! I'd hate to see one of my all-time favourite tents - F10 Mk 5 in my case - being let down by falling production standards or poor quality control.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE