Baffled by Ebay changes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I wonder how all this plays with the complaints eBay sellers have made about "buyers" lying about goods received, demanding refunds and not returning goods, or returning lumps of wood/bricks in place of goods. When eBay and PayPal were joined, sellers complained that they had been grossly taken advantage of, and had no recourse. The moment a buyer raised a complaint, PP accounts would be docked or frozen. The eBay/PP team defaulted to believing buyers and automatically refunded money before goods were returned. I had some similar experiences and haven't sold on eBay since.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It was always paid through PayPals system still though. Whether you had an account or not. Now it’s not.

As for disputes. That remains to be seen. As eBay control your funds and deduct fees before they transfer , it may well be worse.

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I wonder how all this plays with the complaints eBay sellers have made about "buyers" lying about goods received, demanding refunds and not returning goods, or returning lumps of wood/bricks in place of goods. When eBay and PayPal were joined, sellers complained that they had been grossly taken advantage of, and had no recourse. The moment a buyer raised a complaint, PP accounts would be docked or frozen. The eBay/PP team defaulted to believing buyers and automatically refunded money before goods were returned. I had some similar experiences and haven't sold on eBay since.
To be fair, my credit card, VISA, does very similar, as do most credit cards here. If the card holder raises a complaint they withdraw payment until the issue is resolved: even on in store purchases.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE