BAF Volunteering Diary and Album

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I recently asked if BCUK would like to continue seeing the photos of the work being done by the volunteer team at Butser Ancient Farm. As I've only just recently joined the team there will be only a small number of photos and time to work on the farm itself, but as I attend more sessions I'll hopefully be entrusted with more tasks and be able to spend more time on site. So I've created an Imgur album entitled Butser Ancient Farm Volunteering. It'll be updated every Wednesday.

http://dorthonion.imgur.com/all/

Thanks.

Last edited:

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I'll start keeping a log here.

December 4th (third session)

Helped make a fence around some equipment outside the "tech shelter", dug up and levelled some of the floor in the tech shelter, and coppiced some hazel with a billhook ... Also I touched a Late Roman coin, brooch and a Neolithic arrow head that belonged to one of the volunteers.

Photos for the 4th have been added to the album.

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I personally find it quite rewarding doing voluntary work for a historical organisation. especially if that comes with learning and doing historic handwork.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
One of the volunteers was kind enough to take this picture of me coppicing some hazel yesterday. Not the most flattering photo of me ever it has to be said...

XfgsomZ.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE