Bacon , Eggs & Mushroom - Dryads Style Quiche

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Looks great again, you should collate all these recipes you are trying and blog them, or make your own online pamphlet-type resource. I’m glad you’re sharing these here at BCUK though :)

Round here it seems to be a magic year for Jack-By-The-Hedge. It’s absolutely everywhere.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Looks great again, you should collate all these recipes you are trying and blog them, or make your own online pamphlet-type resource. I’m glad you’re sharing these here at BCUK though :)

Round here it seems to be a magic year for Jack-By-The-Hedge. It’s absolutely everywhere.

Apparently the root is a reasonable wasabi replacement if you want to give it a go !

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think you should write a cookbook :)

Maybe have a word with @John Fenna , he has a book on making your own kit :cool: so he knows how to go about it.....unless you do a self published Amazon type one ?

Either way, your experimental cooking has fair brightened up and inspired during an incredibly boring time.
Thank you :thumbsup:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My series of "A Basic Guide to Making Your Own..." books were all hand drawn and the typing (on a typewriter!) done by my wife... the original pages were then taken to a local printer - who eventually lost all the originals!
Later titles ("Open Canoe Accessories " and "Budget Bushcraft Equipment") were hand drawn and then scanned onto computer and I produce them myself on my laptop, hand binding each copy.
Not the highest tech ever.....:)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
What a thing to see just before lunch goodjob

I've got a tea party to go to at 12:30 organised by my girls, it should be fab but I admit that I might well be comparing :D

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Maybe have a word with @John Fenna , he has a book on making your own kit :cool: so he knows how to go about it.....unless you do a self published Amazon type one ?

Either way, your experimental cooking has fair brightened up and inspired during an incredibly boring time.

Ahhhh , thank you... Made me Blush!

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset

Agreed. Perhaps a different spin would be laying out the whole process, e.g:

- identifying & locating ingredients
- cleaning & preparing ingredients
- recipe and cooking????

Not that I’m trying to volunteer you for all this, but you’ve made it seem very interesting :)

Reactions: TeeDee and Toddy

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not that I’m trying to volunteer you for all this, but you’ve made it seem very interesting :)

:)

Thanks!!!!

I will consider it but feel amazingly out of my depth just posting what I post anyway.

Someone accused me of being a chef on a FB page i put several photos upon.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
You already have the pics so writing up shouldn't be a problem. Write as if you are telling a youngster how to do it. Get a few pals to see if they can follow it and deliver a recipe or two for themselves and you'll have it in the bag. New career!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE