backpacking light.co.uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
icon14.png
Hi Guys,

Dont see enough of this sometimes and we are all guilty of telling all of bad experiences with retailers, myself included very much so!!!

Iv never done this before so bare with me.

I ordered a 2011 Honey stove yesterday from backpackinglight.co.uk, I oredered it about mid day ish, it arrived today at around the same sort of time, I had emails telling me the had been process and when it was shipped.

It even had a packet of sweets in the envelope and a nice little hand written note from Rose saying ' enjoy and happy cooking' which I think is fantastic!!

So I just wanna say what a fantastic retailer Backpacking light was, I have never used them before, and I wouldnt hesitate to use them again or reccomend them to family and friends!!

Simply quite awesome!!!
As for the Honey, not had a chance to use it yet but had it out of the packet and it does look and feel like a quality bit of kit, as does the folding pack grill I ordered at the same time.

So if you guys have a few pennys to spend you could do a hell of a lt worse than stopping by there website or dropping them an email,the customer service was brilliant!!

So all in all a really pleasent experience, well done Bob and Rose, keep up the good work!!!

:You_Rock_
All the best

Steve

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Yip ! i give them 20 outa 10 i have use backpackinglight.co.uk loads of times and cant fault there service .....and you get a packet of skittles

Jason

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I even had a phonecall to see if I was happy with a new cookset.
A simple 'thanks' note, packet of sweets ect go's a long way...

effzedess

Apr 29, 2010
Peterborough
Got to agree - I've used them and little touches like treats and a handwritten note do make for a great experience on top of speedy delivery. Thumbs up for the website too - it's really clear and informative and I have found the reviews and videos very useful.

No connection other than just being a happy customer :)

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Only thing I ever bought from them was a tarp. That was from their stall at The Wilderness Gathering some years ago. Very nice people. Was doing excellent demos of how to set up tarps and knots etc. Taught me the knots I use now!

Top class retailers, just not needed anything else they sell.... Yet!

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
You're preaching to the converted...I've bought a few things from them and the quality of service is always excellent. Check out Bob's podcasts too, very entertaining and informative.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Only thing I ever bought from them was a tarp. That was from their stall at The Wilderness Gathering some years ago. Very nice people. Was doing excellent demos of how to set up tarps and knots etc. Taught me the knots I use now!

I bought one of those then too, and it's been my tarp of choice ever since - and I use the same knots as well! Very pleased with other bits & bobs I've bought from them since as well. Top company, with a very nice personal touch.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Used them for years. Find myself regularly checking the site out but can not justify another spend there.
A similar level of service is outdoorgrub.co.uk for dried foods.
One thing Iike is BPL-UK's note written on the returns card. Never had to return owt but heard they're especially gd at handling returns. Very fair.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Same here....always great service.

Ordered something while they were away on holiday and when it arrived there was a complimentry bag of sweets in the order.....nice touch
:)

Some people flog gear...Others clearly enjoy what they do and want you to enjoy the experience of acquiring their luscious products.

I always thought the americans were best at making you feel good about having an empty wallet (or "customer service" to give it it's proper title) - Bob and Rose are competing in the same league - with superb videos explaining the products and how to use them.

Although I didn't get my sweeties or phone call on my last Honey Stove purchase!!!...But it was just before your March break - so I'll forgive you this time!!

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
me too i got an OMM pack off them and they put a pack of skittles in with some useful reading material top seller they also called me afterwards to ask if i was happy...Nice touch

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
The only down side to the follow up call is when your misses takes it co's you are'nt in, then when you get home she say's oh i didnt know you needed/bought another(add your own purchase) then gives you that naughty child look.

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
.. and another often returning happy cutomer here. In fact I am waiting on some bits from them at the moment that I knew were on back order when I placed the order but it's a refreshing change, compared to some, that they keep you infromed as to progress.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
OK, it's obviously a love-in for backpackinglight.co.uk, but I'll add my vote of confidence. They always keep you up to date on your order, and they're always quick and helpful in responding to emails. AND - they do their own research and give you their OWN opinions on the gear they sell. Most webshops just repeat the manufacturer's blurbs. I buy from them whenever that's an option for what I need.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE